Seeking: Thaumcraft In-Depth Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
Hello community. The wiki team is in need of your expert TC3 knowledge. I've got the articles for the basics covered, as well as research/essences etc. What I need is in-depth articles on specific pieces, such as:

"Expert Golemency": covering not how to create golems and what they do or how to upgrade, but rather specific setups where golems work really well. For example how to use them for all types of farming, how to use them to sort, how to use them to auto store essences, etc.

"Managing Aura/Flux": a guide describing aura/flux mechanics, the best way to keep aura levels high, flux levels low, the side effects of having high flux, the different types of aura nodes and wisps, etc.

Any other guides that you think may be useful to someone that knows the basics of TC3 and wants to discover more. I don't need articles for specific items, such as how to use an Arcane Alembic, etc

Please note the articles need to be straight to the point, no filler or fluff.

Reactions: Ashzification

FunshineX

Jul 29, 2019
The point of this forum is for community to contribute articles for the wiki since we have a small team and it would take a long time for us to cover everything. Linking someone's youtube doesn't help in the slightest.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so you looking for Info typed up in depth so you can read do a quick check then paste and say done.

Ok.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so you looking for Info typed up in depth so you can read do a quick check then paste and say done.

Ok.

No we are looking for people who want to contribute. The wiki team will not take credit for the article. It will be listed as being written by whoever did the article.

Reactions: arkangyl

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Jaded. Never said the person who writes it up would not get credit. I also know that random people can't and should not be allowed to randomly edit the site your working on.

I also know from my background that anything should be checked before posting you know like an editor.

Hence my comment. If you took what one posts a 100% true and did not check out info what would be the point if, no one else found the info to be true. And not giving credit where it is due well that would not really mesh with what ftb is doing and that is why I did not imply that in my statement. If you read it that way then that's on you jaded.

AEtherchild

Jul 29, 2019
I can contribute towards both, though my knowledge of Aura and Flux Mechanics won't be enough for a full article - I'll put up pastebin links up when I'm done.
EDIT: Just to double-check, shall I include info for the 3.0.1c Golem additions? I haven't checked whether any mod packs have updated that far yet.
EDIT 2: http://pastebin.com/UH6Z1Znq Here's my 4:30am take on Applied Golemancy. I would have taken some form of screenshot for Sorting, but my current instance seems to not be able to define Markers within a Golem's inventory.

AEtherchild

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks :) Yeah, it's definitely relaxing in comparison to the advanced industrial mod setups I'm used to (GregTech is amazing, but SO time consuming!) Plus every single update Azanor pushes out contains some amazing features.
I can write what I know about Aura and Flux management, but as I said somebody may need to have more input on it. We'll see though :) I'll probably have something posted within an hour or so.

AEtherchild

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good, Shalen. I'll try to write an article <focused> on Aura and Flux, but will dip into your notes if I get stuck if that's alright :)
EDIT: Gah - as I discovered while writing, I actually know a lot less about how to regain Aura than I thought. Might take this as an opportunity to learn more about it :) I'll post information... sometime later.

AEtherchild

Jul 29, 2019
Meat nuggets of Thaumcraft would be mentioned on the Arcane Furnace page - they are a by-product of cooking Meat in that furnace. Small things like that do not need its own page.

Status
Not open for further replies.