Seed help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kiraaa

Jul 29, 2019
I have decided I want to start a singleplayer world. I have my heart set on a large ice wasteland with lots of big hills to start my world in. I have spent two hours looking for one so if anyone has found one I would appreciate it if you gave me the seed number.

If anything I guess I could settle for extreme hill rainforest will a nice valley

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
The way I got the area I wanted was, I went into the config file of Extrabiomes.
I set to false 75% of biomes. Leaving just the selection of biomes I was interested in. (including setting to false some of the vanilla biomes too)
After a couple of tries I found an ideal starting location. I stood still and let the area load for a few minutes, then I logged out and set to true the biomes I had disabled.

Logging back in I end up wih the starting area I wanted. I can now explore into new chuncks with a full set of biomes waiting for me.

andbruu

Jul 29, 2019
The way I got the area I wanted was, I went into the config file of Extrabiomes.
I set to false 75% of biomes. Leaving just the selection of biomes I was interested in. (including setting to false some of the vanilla biomes too)
After a couple of tries I found an ideal starting location. I stood still and let the area load for a few minutes, then I logged out and set to true the biomes I had disabled.

Logging back in I end up wih the starting area I wanted. I can now explore into new chuncks with a full set of biomes waiting for me.
Did this once, in Direwolf v4, but when I entered the new area, i there would be a sharp contrast (vertical ledges) between the new chunks.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Did this once, in Direwolf v4, but when I entered the new area, i there would be a sharp contrast (vertical ledges) between the new chunks.

I did have a similar contrast along a jungle biome but tbh it was hardly noticeable as it mixed with a forest. But I was prob' lucky as most of the area I started in had a coastline on 2 sides.
I think this technique can produce equally great and awefull outcomes depending on what biomes are selected and the layout of the seed.
Also luck plays it part.

Phycoz

Jul 29, 2019
You're lucky, (I guess unlucky in your situation) 90% of my spawns are in some type of snow biome.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
When I tried to find a good seed to start my world in, at LEAST 80% of the new worlds started me in snowy biomes of some sort. I just logged out and deleted them and tried again. I ended up disabling half of the snow type biomes in extrabiomes config and STILL have snow type biomes all over the place.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
When I tried to find a good seed to start my world in, at LEAST 80% of the new worlds started me in snowy biomes of some sort. I just logged out and deleted them and tried again. I ended up disabling half of the snow type biomes in extrabiomes config and STILL have snow type biomes all over the place.
I disabled them all... :p