Rubber Tree Harvester

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sir Oddington

Jul 29, 2019
Noob here, sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section.

I'm trying to make an automatic rubber tree farm. I'm trying to build the rubber tree harvester but the recipe I'm using seems to not work. (A Logger surrounded by 4 glass and 4 rubber tree saplings).

I know the recipes have changed but having whacked my internets to death for the last few hours I'm at a complete loss on how to build the darn thing!

Any help greatly appreciated

Sir OddinGton

ivymichael

Jul 29, 2019
rubber tree harvester is no longer available though it is still on the NEI
just use the arboretum to plant rubber tree and normal logger to cut the tree down
and an adjacent machine called tree tap will gather the resin for you

with some diamond pipe should work better.

Sir Oddington

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I don't have a picture that's worth posting really, as I have nothing built, only a logger that I'm trying to turn into a rubber tree harvester, I'm using the most up to date version of FTB Lite ( I think :S )[DOUBLEPOST=1364382782][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for the reply Ivymichael

I'll get on and try that

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
Rubber Tree Harvesters are old and are going to be removed in the future, the recipe has been removed from the game (That is why you can make it)

The old farm blocks from forestry are all being replaced with multi block farms the blocks for which are called "Farm Block" you can look up how to use them in the forestry wiki.

http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=farms:multi

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
rubber tree harvester is no longer available though it is still on the NEI
just use the arboretum to plant rubber tree and normal logger to cut the tree down
and an adjacent machine called tree tap will gathering the resin for you

I'm not certain if this block is still available but like the rubber tree farmblocks this is also being removed as i stated above.

adjl

Jul 29, 2019
The rubber tree farms were disabled like a year ago, possibly more. The arboretum+logger pair handles rubber trees now (though you will still need a treetap in addition to the logger to collect sap spots), or you can go with one of the new multiblock farms (configured with rubber electron tubes on a manual circuit board).

Slidingmike

Jul 29, 2019
The rubber tree farms were disabled like a year ago, possibly more. The arboretum+logger pair handles rubber trees now (though you will still need a treetap in addition to the logger to collect sap spots), or you can go with one of the new multiblock farms (configured with rubber electron tubes on a manual circuit board).

All in all, at some point in the near future , the old blocks will no longer work and will have to migrate to the multiblock farms

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Sengir already removed all the old farms in the MC 1.5.x version of Forestry, but that aside the multiblock version of a rubber tree farm is superb.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Sengir already removed all the old farms in the MC 1.5.x version of Forestry, but that aside the multiblock version of a rubber tree farm is superb.
I liked the old farms. :'c

Could someone please point more towards a good multifarm guide? I've been searching on the wikis and they just say that information for old farms is outdated and removed.

Reactions: Whovian

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
The forestry wiki seems fine to me when it comes to the new farms. It's not a step by step guide or anything, but they're pretty straight forward if you have all the information in front of you. Build your box, add your desired interface blocks (hatch, gearbox, etc), lay out the area for your farm, then give it resources. If you want to change what the farm handles, use electron tubes on a circuit board. Instructions for which tube = which farm are all listed on the wiki.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
I liked the old farms. :'c

Could someone please point more towards a good multifarm guide? I've been searching on the wikis and they just say that information for old farms is outdated and removed.
Not a guide as such, but I built one recently, and it's not too hard:
  • Create your farm blocks, plus a valve/gearbox/hatch, in the carpenter. I built a simple 3x3x4 farm, as shown here: http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=farms:structure - even the small farm generated more resin than I can use. So 33 farm blocks, plus the 3 special blocks.
  • Next the circuit board to tell the multifarm to be a rubber plantation; you'll need an intricate circuit board, a soldering iron (both made in the carpenter), and four rubberized electron tubes (made in the thermionic fabricator). Right-click the soldering iron, select "Manual Farms", and insert the four tubes followed by the circuit board. This will get you a Rubber Plantation circuit. Put that circuit in your multifarm, and it'll reconfigure.
  • Since rubber plantations are manual, you need to place down the dirt and saplings yourself. Cover your farmland brickwork (the red areas in http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=farms:structure) with dirt, and plant as many rubber saplings as you can fit in.
  • Hook water up to the farm valve block (aqueous accumulator works nicely), power to the gearbox block (requirements are modest - one or two peat engines is plenty), and item extraction piping to the farm hatch block. If you put the pipe under the hatch block, you don't need to actively pump items out, which is nice.
  • Add some fertiliser to the farm.
  • Let the trees grow (or bonemeal them) and wait for the sticky resin to arrive :)