Rubber saplings changing.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xill

Jul 29, 2019
so i've been playing agrarian skies for a bit now and i just planted some rubber tree saplings from MFR.

i also found a "sacred rubber tree sapling" in a chest, curious to what this would be i looked it up.
its a bit like this "http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/sacred-rubber-sapling-ruined-my-world-what-can-i-do.42388"

now this scared me a little cause i dont really wanna have such a thing spawn in my little base... upon inspection of the saplings i've planted (which were normal ones) i've already picked up about 20 saplings that turned from normals to sacreds.

im scared of planting rubber tree's now :(

can someone tell me how to simply disable these tree's cause if one of these spawns it doenst predict anything good

Jackoffripper

Jul 29, 2019
Check the damage value. If it is :8 then it is just a regular rubber sapling. If it is :1, then you are in a world of hurt if you grow it.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
I beg to differ. I got TWO sacred rubber saplings from one normal rubber tree.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
I planted one and waited a few minutes for it to grow... restoring backup in 3, 2, 1.

Jackoffripper

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I mentioned the damage value in my initial post. Anything after that is up to the users discretion.

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
I set up an MFR tree farm yesterday, and loaded in some rubber saplings. After a few cycles, I noticed that some of the saplings weren't stacking properly...and that they looked almost the same but a *tiny* bit different. Yup - sacred Rubber tree saplings. I'd seen the "ruined my world" thread before, so I kinda panicked, and ran topside to check the planted saplings, and did indeed find that half a dozen or so had been planted, though mercifully, none had grown.

I'm still not clear on whether this is a bug or a feature, but I'm even less clear on exactly what the reason for Sacred Rubber Trees is. I mean, really big trees - sure, why not? Redwoods, greatwoods, and a handful of other trees of varying sizes are all fine. But the Sacred Rubber tree is not only game-crashingly huge, but it's basically just a massive wooden umbrella. It barely looks like a tree. I'm not one to generally criticize mod creators for doing what they wanna do, and I'm usually the last person to complain about how something "looks" but these things have me really scratching my head.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
They shouldn't be real sacred rubber saplings. Real sacred rubber saplings can only be found in jungle temples (and maybe other dungeon-like chests). It is a bug. See here:
SkyBoy said:
Mojang does weird things with saplings to slow the growth rate, one of which is setting a flag in the block's metadata. Those aren't actually sacred saplings: the sacred saplings have a metavalue of 1, the ones you have have a metavalue of 8. They'll grow regular rubber trees.
From the same issue, sacred rubber saplings will not grow properly naturally if you let them sit, even if they're the correct sapling. You have to actually bonemeal them or have a fertilizer grow them.
And apparently they shouldn't crash your client if you're on fast graphics and shouldn't crash a server that can handle at least three or four people on it at the same time.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
ive grown a few now (one each in three creative worlds) and they don't actually lag much. fast graphics enabled, but not specifically for the tree.

worst parts are when its generating, and if you ever trigger a massive lighting update, which WILL bring things to a 1-2 FPS crawl.

looking at it isn't easy on my FPS, but other than that, I deal with these things just fine.