Rubber Plantation and Rubber Tree Harvester not craftable?

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I would like to make an automatic farm for rubber, but the machines I need are not craftable. Why is this?

And by plantation, I meant Rubber Farm.

A27Cappy

Jul 29, 2019
You can now use rubber saplings in the regular tree farm, it used to not be so hence the rubber tree farm.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
there is no need, feed the logs into extractor before you know it you'll be swimming in rubber.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
You need the arboretum, Logger and the Treetap for the rubber tree farm.

Actually not sure about the logger, but it won't hurt having it.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Well, I didn't want to harvest the rubber wood, I wanted just the sticky resin.

pillbox

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, the Rubber Tree plantation and harvester were specific to IC2 rubber trees in older versions; more recently, however, the normal arboretum and logger support multiple tree types (including IC2) rather than just Oak like they used to; similar things were done with other specific planter/harvester blocks as well around the same time. The old items are still present but not craftable.

Also, if you use the Auto Tree Tap, it will fully harvest the resin spots on the logs (obtaining slightly more resin from them, but removing them so they will not regenerate). In addition, I believe the resin harvested and dropped by the tree tap is collected by the logger and not the tree tap.

But, as it's already been mentioned; you can just skip the tree tap if you want and just feed the rubber wood blocks to an extractor and before long you will have more than enough rubber for most needs.

Alternately, I recommend just setting up a manual rubber tree farm (or perhaps using the Misc Peripherals tree tap turtles)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Is the auto tree tap even craftable in FTB's Forestry version? I couldn't find anything in NEI or on the Forestry wiki about it, other than a note in the changelog that rubber farms are deprecated.

Sengir

Jul 29, 2019
Rubber Plantation and Rubber Tree Harvester have been uncraftable since 1.4 of Forestry. Use the normal arboretum/logger for your rubber trees. Treetap hasn't changed.