Rubber farm.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LostRavens

Jul 29, 2019
Is there way I could setup an automatic rubber farm that only harvests the rubber from the trees when it can do so without destroying the rubber nodes on a tree?

I'd like to just have 10 trees each with 3 rubber nodes on them and a way to harvest the rubber from them whenever it generates.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
foresty has a rubber treetap, but it completely drains the resin hole dry. other then that, there's treetap turtle who can tap the resin holes, but it'll require quite alot of lua coding to get it all automated like that.
as for now I think the gravity gun can still pick up rubber tree resin blocks, so you could move the blocks a bit easier for the turtle to tap them.

MavericK96

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if the Forestry rubber harvester will do it repeatedly or just when the wood is chopped, but if you just set up a tree farm with rubber tree saplings and the rubber harvester (in addition to the Logger), you'll have more resin (and wood) than you'll know what to do with in a pretty short time.

EDIT: Okay, so apparently it doesn't do it repeatedly as was said above. But you really don't need it to be once you get the farm going.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Another vote for the Forestry rubber farm. Far more sticky resin than you can reasonably utilize by any measure. A little automation and you have all the planks and charcoal you could possibly want too.

If you're feeling crazy, even cresote with enough coke ovens. :D

MavericK96

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can even extract the rubber wood logs directly for one rubber if you want to maximize rubber production.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry Rubber Tree Farm(with arboretrum and logger), process excess sapling in the fermenter to get biomass that can be used to power the whole rubber tree farm, now you only need to provide some humus. I get a lot of apatite and dirt from quarry. The wood can be processed in the extractor to give resin.