"RPG"Skill Mods

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I always loved the MCMMO plugin for Bukkit backin 1.2 and such. It really never occurred to me to find one for SSP and/or FTB. But once it did, as in just now *derp*, I haven't found much. I think some uses for XP in the way of skills/perks/bonuses is kind of what my minecraft is missing.

I was wondering if anyone else had tried any of these following mods and what your impressions were. I know some people tire of threads like this and probably think I should just D/L them all myself and see which I like, but with a skill dding mod based on XP, I think it would take too long for me to get far enough into the skills/perks to test all 3, especially on my hardcore pack(s).
So...so far I've found:

Skills API + Generic Skill Pack
Level Up!
&
GokiStats

They all seem to be fairly up to date and compatible for my purposes. Any pros/cons anyone would like to share ? Personally, I am looking for a balanced addition to a hardcore world with some perks/skill bonuses. Not necessarily "new" content/skills I.E.: Rain fire down on Foes, but maybe that *could* be cool ? If not OP. Maybe more like bonus XP or materials when mining, or faster break speed with certain tools ? Although my search DID lead me to RPG Inventory, and the idea of specialized "Classes" with unique powerful skills IS enticing, I would want it to be something you couldn't change instantly once you chose it, especially as powerful as some of those were. Anyways, any input is appreciated as always...

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Does terafirma craft count? Xp increases your max heath food and water
I looove TFC, but I have a modpack specifically FOR it seperate from my other modpacks because it is incompatible with most mods I have. However I DO still play it sometimes with Smart Moving and NEI.
I'm looking for an additon to a customized installation of TechWorld 2 that won't break gameplay progression or the modpack itself

Reactions: YX33A