RP2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Well its been 5 weeks since we last herd from eloraam. I am starting to fear we have to accept the inevitable and deal with no rp2 for 1.5.x and wont be seeing it until 1.6. I know Dire is holding out for RP2 so I guess I hope she works on the mod and improves it and makes use of her rubber trees. I have to say playing in 1.5.1 world is fun but I miss some red power features. Especial marble.. Sigh... Anyone have any insider info to let me know? I would love to hear she is working on stuff... anything really. My fear is she hasnt done anything with it at all...

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Its a big mod, it takes a very long time to port (and we all know elo wants to try to add a few features ;D(maybe just me) )
Have faith in her (maybe its just me that does)

Reactions: dgdas9

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, we had to wait half a year with no news whatsoever for it to come out for 1.4.6. I think it'll come out eventually.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Yeah she wants to add more and i hope she does :D I would rather her take her time and spend energy on it then rush something out the door just for the sake of an update (cough last time) I just worry I have seen the last of RP2.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Well its been 5 weeks since we last herd from eloraam. I am starting to fear we have to accept the inevitable and deal with no rp2 for 1.5.x and wont be seeing it until 1.6. I know Dire is holding out for RP2 so I guess I hope she works on the mod and improves it and makes use of her rubber trees. I have to say playing in 1.5.1 world is fun but I miss some red power features. Especial marble.. Sigh... Anyone have any insider info to let me know? I would love to hear she is working on stuff... anything really. My fear is she hasnt done anything with it at all...

I don't know about red power, but I do know that Underground Biomes, has some really nice replacements for both marble and basalt. At this point for me the updates for MFR, TE, and MPS far outweigh the use I got out of red power.

Reactions: redman68

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
At first, mostly a straight port.There's a few little bits of content that are mostly ready to ship that I may slip in though.</p>&mdash; Eloraam (@TheRealEloraam)

It's been 4 weeks, not 5. She said she's working 1.5xx - which we are not getting in FTB until 1.6 vanilla drops according to Slowpoke. Aren't you being a bit hasty in saying we won't be getting it until 1.6 FTB? We don't even have 1.5.1 FTB yet.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
It's been 4 weeks, not 5. She said she's working 1.5xx - which we are not getting in FTB until 1.6 vanilla drops according to Slowpoke. Aren't you being a bit hasty in saying we won't be getting it until 1.6 FTB? We don't even have 1.5.1 FTB yet.
I don't believe that the 1.5.1 ftb is a thing anymore, but I could be wrong.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
At this point, I don't think RP2 should be included even if it eventually updates. Most of its functionality has been replaced, and we don't want to be waiting like we did for 1.4.7 for just one mod.

Reactions: whythisname

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mod-pack-update.20448/

The initial pack is expected to release on 1.5.1 initially and be updated to 1.5.2 as and when mod updates permit. This will remain something of a preview pack for the duration of 1.5 with the aim of moving it to recommended sometime during the 1.6 Minecraft cycle although it is to early to say on that.
At this point, almost every mod that was ready for 1.5.1 is now ready for 1.5.2.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
At this point, almost every mod that was ready for 1.5.1 is now ready for 1.5.2.

Just because a mod is ready doesn't mean an FTB pack is ready. Between testing cross-compatibility and ID conflict resolution, it will take some time. What I listed was a direct quote from Slowpoke. I think saying that there will be no official 1.5.1 is jumping the gun a bit.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mod-pack-update.20448/

The initial pack is expected to release on 1.5.1 initially and be updated to 1.5.2 as and when mod updates permit. This will remain something of a preview pack for the duration of 1.5 with the aim of moving it to recommended sometime during the 1.6 Minecraft cycle although it is to early to say on that.
Yeah, I was aware of that post, but thought I had read something more recent that suggested that 1.5.x wasn't probably going to happen at all. Which is why I followed it with a disclaimer.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I was aware of that post, but thought I had read something more recent that suggested that 1.5.x wasn't probably going to happen at all. Which is why I followed it with a disclaimer.

Not sure, honestly. I just go by the latest news that slowpoke posts here. If there is any information that's more current, I am unaware of it.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Considering how fast Mojang is pushing out the updates I am suspecting that RP won't be done until after 1.6 maybe 1.7. Have to wait and see but counting weeks between updates for a mod is more a case of insanity then being useful.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Considering how fast Mojang is pushing out the updates I am suspecting that RP won't be done until after 1.6 maybe 1.7. Have to wait and see but counting weeks between updates for a mod is more a case of insanity then being useful.

MFR and TE builds happen with frightening regularity. Some of the newer forge changes should make these minor updates easier for the modders to deal with, which will be better for everyone.