RP2 Transposer not working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

teser

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been trying to replacate direwolf20's blazerod/xp farm but I'm having problems with the transposers, they will only pick up what lands directly on top of them, when it says they should be able to reach up to 2 tiles away with a redstone pulse.

So I created a simple repeating redstone pulse (since for whatever reason my timer randomly stops working after a few pulses) and my transposers still won't pick anything up. And whatever does land directly on top of them won't get ejected in to the tubes below, it just sits inside.

Help pls

9Q3sKww.png

g8g9zGN.png

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like an item has jammed the transposers. do you have a way of managing random items in the tube network? try attaching a chest to the tubes and see what you end up with in the chest.

edit -

just noticed the redstone dust. use red alloy wire. I have seen redstone dust sometimes bug out when connecting to red alloy wire or vice versa.

teser

Jul 29, 2019
The tubes are already attached to a chest, also I don't see how a random item could be picked up if blazes only drop blaze rods, also even if it picked up something other then a blaze rod shouldn't it just be sent to the chest?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
turn off your water flow and break a block so you can see the side of the transposer. You should see the wooden portion move when the redstone signal is turned on, then off. You said that the transposer will not pick up items dropped directly on it. An item landing on a transposer does not require power to be picked up, and so should automatically be inserted into your tube network, so either there is an item in the transposer jamming it (which is unlikely if you have a chest already attached), or the redstone signal is being constantly applied causing the transposer to go into a blocking mode. You can verify this by watching the side of the transposer which should active when the redstone pulse hits.

teser

Jul 29, 2019
Obsidian pipe for the win?
I wanted to figure out what i was doing wrong with the transposers but I guess i'll have to just use obsidian pipes, thanks for the suggestion.[DOUBLEPOST=1365652878][/DOUBLEPOST]
turn off your water flow and break a block so you can see the side of the transposer. You should see the wooden portion move when the redstone signal is turned on, then off. You said that the transposer will not pick up items dropped directly on it. An item landing on a transposer does not require power to be picked up, and so should automatically be inserted into your tube network, so either there is an item in the transposer jamming it (which is unlikely if you have a chest already attached), or the redstone signal is being constantly applied causing the transposer to go into a blocking mode. You can verify this by watching the side of the transposer which should active when the redstone pulse hits.
I think i may have figured out the reason was because I was piping in the blaze rods in to the bottom of a barrel ( didn't realize it maxes out at 64 if I don't use the top) so since there wasn't any open inventory connected to the pipes the buffer filled up and it stopped picking up the blaze rods.

Didn't realize this was a problem till I hooked up the obsidian pipes and they started spitting out blaze rods instead of in to the barrel, I guess the redpower2 pipes won't even accept an item if there isnt somewhere for it to go.

Reactions: Skirty_007