Rp2 Blulectric Engine Conversion Ratio?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, i've been playing around with the wind-mll powered quarry setup. But the thing that i love about buildcraft, is all the number play. I can figure out exact speeds and whatnot of things, and plan logistics accordingly. If somebody could find out what the conversion rate of w-mj is on the blulectric engine (preferably max speed), i would love them forever.

Hawk Weisman

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that the blulectric engine is smart and throttles it's energy production based on demand. Don't quote me on this though.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that it provides power as needed, i want to know how many Mj will say... 100 watts produce.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You would need to hook the engine up to something that would use it's full power (like the RC rock crusher), then measure the bluelectric line feeding it with the volt meter. That should give you the full power reading you need. Then try hooking up different machines that all max out at different power levels. It should give you a good idea of the scale. I am not aware of anything out there that already has this information.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I think what I understand is that it is 50 Redpower Js per Buildcraft MJ. I haven't done any math for that, such as calculating it, but I may do so soon to confirm.

Edit: From previous testing, a battery box holds about 300 Mega Joules, so that may help your own tests.

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
I think what I understand is that it is 50 Redpower Js per Buildcraft MJ. I haven't done any math for that, such as calculating it, but I may do so soon to confirm.

Edit: From previous testing, a battery box holds about 300 Mega Joules, so that may help your own tests.
Just saying, Its "Minecraft" Joules, not Mega Joules :)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it started out as Minecraft Joules, but in the more recent buildcraft 3 commits, it is referred to as Mega Joules. Now even the mod authors are confused on the MJ abbreviations. :p

I hereby declare that it should simply be referred to as MJ only to prevent any future confusion! ;)

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
The Mega Joules was in reference to the bluletric energy, since it models real world electricity. You can call it 6 million "watt-ticks" if you want, but I prefer mega joules! Also, I think it was supposed to be 300 kilo joules, though I have no clue anymore.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
From my limited testing, but on two very different power outputs 1 kW is converted to about 1 MJ/t, so not very good (power measured on engine using voltmeter, tested with a few solar panels vs array of solar panels and some windmills, conversion rate was very similar). When talking about this units Watts and MC Joules/tick seam to be the best unit to talk about, it is easily measurable (voltmeter or gain in REC per tick) and is not so confusing.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
Alright thanks guys, that's a lot of help. But just for the record, Kw isn't work, it would have to be Kwh, but i understand your point hehe.