Rotarycraft Shaft Junction

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Why do my shaft junctions explode whenever I turn off the engines running them? I'm on the latest Rotarycraft

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have multiple engines going into one junction?
It might be because when you turn off an engine it slowly spins down, so multiple engines might not be in sync.

Kotaro

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of engines are you running on it? If I remember, don't they have load limits on them now?

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I do not think so because when everything is running (magnetostatics ) everything is fine. Nothing in their description says they have a limit I don't think. But I wonder why they go out of sync considering I turn the engines off by Redstone at the same time.

Kotaro

Jul 29, 2019
What version are you using? I'm testing 2 magnetos right now with a shaft junction, and it's not doing what you described.

How many engines are being chained? Since they're all the same speed if they are the same tier, the junction shouldn't be jamming.

Last edited:

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I thought. I'm on v6 I believe and I'm chaining maybe 16 together, all the same tier. I make sure they are clicked and set up all the way before even applying power. Then I configure for Redstone and when I flip the switch sometimes they burst and sometimes no. It's usually when I'm turning them off. And it's usually the ones at the end who are giving the power to the dynomometers, so maybe they do have an unspecified cap? I need to reinvest in learning the shaft buses or whatever they are called. Just need a more consistent lubricant production.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
At some point, Reika made it so that you can only use junctions to chain four engines together. You'll need bedrock junctions to get more than four engines to work.

How, exactly, you get bedrock junctions, however, is beyond my knowledge. If there's not a recipe in the handbook, try clicking your junctions with bedrock dust, ingots, shafts, or gears.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
But bedrock shafts are for sure a thing?
Not sure what you're asking... they exist and have no limit to the power or torque they can carry, but I'm not sure what the item used to upgrade the junctions is. I know it's a bedrock something, just not which particular thing.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh Ok, I just had never heard of a bedrock version so I didn't know if it was a future block or was already in stated

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
An unupgraded shft junction is supposed to break immediatly with more than 4 engines and not on shutdown isn't it...sounds like a bug @Reika

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, any reason why they normally explode after I turn them off because Yea I may turn them on and they explode, but if I replace them immediately without turning anything off, they run fine. Also it's not all of them that explode, just some.

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe.

The logic for the shaft junctions is not "more than four engines hooked up", it is "total power out is more than four times the average of the input powers".
Wait.. Would this mean that I could put all of a tokamak's power into a bedrock shaft, and have that and a bunch (more than 4) of engines hook into the other input of the shaft junction? Since it is averaging the inputs?

*edit: I realized the more than 4 engines would have to be chained together with shaft junctions so it would mess up world domination with this. But I'm sure some interesting higher-ouput shaft junction behavior could arise from mixing machines like this.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Wait.. Would this mean that I could put all of a tokamak's power into a bedrock shaft, and have that and a bunch (more than 4) of engines hook into the other input of the shaft junction? Since it is averaging the inputs?

*edit: I realized the more than 4 engines would have to be chained together with shaft junctions so it would mess up world domination with this. But I'm sure some interesting higher-ouput shaft junction behavior could arise from mixing machines like this.
Good luck.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you need more power than a tokamak is putting out, I'm pretty sure there's nothing that can be done for you.