Rotarycraft question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

devilcat76

Jul 29, 2019
While i've played a few modpacks that had Rotarycraft in them i've never really gotten very deep into the mod for one reason or another. My understanding is that it covers a wide variety of things particularly if you include Reika's other mods. I'm intending to put together a pack for my personal use to explore the mod and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on other mods to add in with it? I would like to avoid mods that do the same sorts of things though I have no problem simply not using portions of a mod if it contains something that complements Rotarycraft well.

At the moment i'm planning on AE2 and Jabba for storage as well as some decorative mods such as Carpenters blocks. The usual NEI and Waila utility type mods as well. Thank you for any suggestions you might have.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Depends on how you want to play but you don't really need anything else besides RotaryCraft. Other mods can help though (EnderIO, TE, ...)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You should add some mod that can transport items, such as EnderIO
When you add mods that are running off RF I suggest using configs and Minetweaker to remove all RF generators except the rotational dynamo and the turbine generator. This makes it more interesting IMO.

If you plan adding Chromaticraft you might want to get Thaumcraft as well as they're gonna have lots of interactions in v3.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
You should add some mod that can transport items, such as EnderIO
When you add mods that are running off RF I suggest using configs and Minetweaker to remove all RF generators except the rotational dynamo and the turbine generator. This makes it more interesting IMO.

If you plan adding Chromaticraft you might want to get Thaumcraft as well as they're gonna have lots of interactions in v3.
RotaryCraft can move items with the pneumatic item pump.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft can move items with the pneumatic item pump.
I know, but it's very clunky. For instance you can't have it go around a corner with only one block. And you can't have one pipe go into multiple destinations. Trust me, you're gonna want to have a better means of item transportation.
It is still good for transporting items quickly though.

devilcat76

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for your responses, I really appreciate it. I was planning on adding Chromaticraft (as well as Electricraft) so will add Thaumcraft to my list. I'll have to debate the item transport a little. Space constraints I have no real issue with, but I could see the multiple destinations being a problem since I don't want to get too frustrated with routing. Is there anything Reika's mods don't really automate? I believe they do the farms with fans, mining is some sort of bore, and of course a big ore doubling mechanic.

nmarshall23

Jul 29, 2019
The pneumatic item pump is great once you get a feel for how they work. Does encourage you make straight runs.

Reika's Mods cover everything that you can't automate using vanilla.