Rotarycraft help, canola seeds!?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
How do I obtain such? Apparently there are canola plants or something. I need lots of the stuff for lubricant, but I don't know where to start for farming seeds. Please help.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
ah no, you mean automate them,
for that you need a machine from rotarycraft called the harvester
you can get the first seed by destroying grass blocks (AS YOU DO FOR WHEAT SEEDS)

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
ah no, you mean automate them,
for that you need a machine from rotarycraft called the harvester
you can get the first seed by destroying grass blocks (AS YOU DO FOR WHEAT SEEDS)
All I see from Rotarycraft is a mob harvester?

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
I can plant canola plants with the canola seeds themselves (I had a little before I wanted to mass farm them).[DOUBLEPOST=1399549894][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can plant canola plants with the canola seeds themselves (I had a little before I wanted to mass farm them).
I can't automate them with the mfr planter & harvester. I need another way :(

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, is there anyway to grow them uber fast? Or will I have to constantly water can them or lilypads of fertility?
You can use lilypads of fertility and rotary craft fertilizers. The fertilizers use bonemeal and water.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Use an harverster with an open block sprinkler. It will produce for you all kind of seeds and flowers. Amongst which is essence seed (yay!) and canola seeds. Unless you go mad with rotary craft, it will be enough seeds for your needs.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, is there anyway to grow them uber fast? Or will I have to constantly water can them or lilypads of fertility? And a planter?

RC fans harvest without uprooting, so you don't need any additional planting equipment. For me, a 3 wide by 15-20 long plot using one fan powered by a steam engine is plenty of canola. However, you can add a RotaryCraft pump and sprinkler arrangement to get obscene amounts of canola, so I hear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
RC fans harvest without uprooting, so you don't need any additional planting equipment. For me, a 3 wide by 15-20 long plot using one fan powered by a steam engine is plenty of canola. However, you can add a RotaryCraft pump and sprinkler arrangement to get obscene amounts of canola, so I hear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Agreed.

The RotaryCraft fertilizer is even crazier. Give it a few stacks of bone meal and you'll have more canola than you know what to do with.

This also works on magic crops (although several magical crops aren't fan-harvestable)

Reactions: Wagon153

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed.

The RotaryCraft fertilizer is even crazier. Give it a few stacks of bone meal and you'll have more canola than you know what to do with.

This also works on magic crops (although several magical crops aren't fan-harvestable)
They are amazing when combined with a tree farm.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Use an harverster with an open block sprinkler. It will produce for you all kind of seeds and flowers. Amongst which is essence seed (yay!) and canola seeds. Unless you go mad with rotary craft, it will be enough seeds for your needs.

Since I just watched this video (trying to learn about Magic Crops mod)... this is for the OP and their Canola Seed problem. Pretty simple idea, why didn't I think of it? :)

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Since I just watched this video (trying to learn about Magic Crops mod)... this is for the OP and their Canola Seed problem. Pretty simple idea, why didn't I think of it? :)

No ! Dont use that trash can :'( so much waste. You can convert the flowers into dye and send everything in an MFR bioreactor. You'll get about 400RF/t worth of biofuel from it. The first few seeds also worth it in a corner of the setup with ic2 crops when needed. You get an easy source of wheat, sugar cane and cotton.