Rotarycraft crashing with NEI

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Did you update DragonAPI and any other Reika mods you have installed?

MrDokeve

Jul 29, 2019
just updated Dragon APi, RC, Reactorcraft, Electricraft to the v25z, the bug accured after the update. wanted to try the mod and updated therfore from v23 to v25 cause i'm using an modded Techworld2

rizzy

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika do you mind looking at the bug report? I'm getting the same log. As suggested by you in other threads I disabled qCraft and it still crashes. If it's relevant I'm running Magic Crops 3.2.0_BETA_23 my other recent change, but it didn't cause any crashes on it's own.

My crashlog : http://pastebin.com/rwHTie4U

This happened after updating the following mods from v23 to v25z:

DragonAPI
DyeTrees
ElectriCraft
RotaryCraft
ReactorCraft
Expanded Redstone

I also added Cave Control. I don't have any of your other mods installed

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Reika do you mind looking at the bug report? I'm getting the same log. As suggested by you in other threads I disabled qCraft and it still crashes. If it's relevant I'm running Magic Crops 3.2.0_BETA_23 my other recent change, but it didn't cause any crashes on it's own.

My crashlog : http://pastebin.com/rwHTie4U

This happened after updating the following mods from v23 to v25z:

DragonAPI
DyeTrees
ElectriCraft
RotaryCraft
ReactorCraft
Expanded Redstone

I also added Cave Control. I don't have any of your other mods installed
I need the rest of the log; it appears the stack trace is cut off.

rizzy

Jul 29, 2019
That was the log file from my crash-reports directory. Do I need to upload the Forge client log? I see it has a stacktrace in it, but it's a big file...[DOUBLEPOST=1409349886][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, I put the full forge client log and my newest crash report files in a zip, the log file was too big for pastebin. Thanks for checking into it :)

Love your mods by the way, thanks for putting so much effort into them.

Attachments

• crash-reports.zip
    225 KB · Views: 89

rizzy

Jul 29, 2019
I need the rest of the log; it appears the stack trace is cut off.

It's not in the log I uploaded above, but if it matters, right clicking on an item in NEI to get the recipes crashes also; not just using the 'u' key.

HyperToilet

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same exact error in my game. NEI crashes when I used U or right click to view an item's use. I have narrowed the problem down to Rotarycraft and Minefactory Reloaded. If I remove one or the other, the game runs as intended. I would really love to have both mods installed, so any ideas to what the conflict could be?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Which items are causeing the crash? Becasue I've got RoC V25z and it's working as intended. R is not crashing me neither is U, this was tested in creative though.

HyperToilet

Jul 29, 2019
Any items in NEI will cause the crash when using U or right click. My crash log is literally identical to the OP's pastebin. This is my first time trying to resolve a problem like this, so I'm not entirely sure what to make of this particular crash report.

rizzy

Jul 29, 2019
Which version of 3.2.0? Just curious if you are on beta 23 like me too, it was the other thing I upgraded recently. And there's been a lot of back and forth with MFR/Magic Crops/Rotarycraft as far as automating magical crops.

HyperToilet

Jul 29, 2019
Which version of 3.2.0? Just curious if you are on beta 23 like me too, it was the other thing I upgraded recently. And there's been a lot of back and forth with MFR/Magic Crops/Rotarycraft as far as automating magical crops.
Yeah its beta 23. Though magicalcrops doesnt seem to be causing any apparent crashes. It's only if I remove Rotarycraft OR if I remove MFR. If i remove one of those 2, then the crash doesn't happen. Not entirely sure what the disagreement is, since as I'm illiterate as far as the crash report goes.

EDIT: Actually I just tested removing magical crops as well. If I remove JUST magicalcrops from the mix it works. Interesting find. Not sure what is causing these 3 mods to butt heads.

Last edited:

rizzy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah its beta 23. Though magicalcrops doesnt seem to be causing any apparent crashes. It's only if I remove Rotarycraft OR if I remove MFR. If i remove one of those 2, then the crash doesn't happen. Not entirely sure what the disagreement is, since as I'm illiterate as far as the crash report goes.

EDIT: Actually I just tested removing magical crops as well. If I remove JUST magicalcrops from the mix it works. Interesting find. Not sure what is causing these 3 mods to butt heads.

Downgrading to Magical Crops 3.2.0_BETA_15a also fixed the problem for me.

HyperToilet

Jul 29, 2019
I just downgraded to magicalcrops 15a also. It is a compromise that I am willing to accept until someone figures out what is actually conflicting. Thanks for the exchange, it helped me out immensely. I will check back on this thread later to see if anyone else has some insight on the issue.

rizzy

Jul 29, 2019
Thank the text file I keep that i write down every change I make to my instances so I can backtrack ^_^

Glad it helped!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Thank the text file I keep that i write down every change I make to my instances so I can backtrack ^_^

Glad it helped!
Can someone please work out what the actual error is? The log is literally teasing me by cutting it off right before it errors out.
Alternatively, can someone help me get NEI working in a dev environment?

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Alternatively, can someone help me get NEI working in a dev environment?
What's not working? Simply dropping CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.2.9-dev.jar and NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.2.15-dev.jar in my dev environment's mods folder works for me.