Rotarycraft crashing with NEI

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
What's not working? Simply dropping CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.2.9-dev.jar and NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.2.15-dev.jar in my dev environment's mods folder works for me.
I do that and it crashes with an ASM-related error, having something to do with Bootstrap.java and a conversion from IBlockAccess to World.

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
I do that and it crashes with an ASM-related error, having something to do with Bootstrap.java and a conversion from IBlockAccess to World.
Not really sure how to help, as it's never given me issues.

What version of Forge are you using? Which versions of NEI/CCC? Does it work in a completely clean dev environment? Post the error log?

rizzy

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please work out what the actual error is? The log is literally teasing me by cutting it off right before it errors out.
Alternatively, can someone help me get NEI working in a dev environment?
Is it not in the zip file I uploaded to my earlier post, after the pastebin? If it's not there, I wouldn't know where to get it from.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Not really sure how to help, as it's never given me issues.

What version of Forge are you using? Which versions of NEI/CCC? Does it work in a completely clean dev environment? Post the error log?
This is with Forge 1180 and the recommended 1.7.10 versions of NEI/CCC. I tried the newest versions, too.

I remember digging through the code and finding the ASM handler (to do with leaves) that was probably responsible.

EDIT: It is in codechicken.core.asm.TweakTransformer:43.
Code:
  if (!tweaks.getTag("softLeafReplace")
  .setComment("If set to false, leaves will only replace air when growing")
  .getBooleanValue(false)) {
  transformer.add(new MethodWriter(ACC_PUBLIC, new ObfMapping("net/minecraft/block/Block", "canBeReplacedByLeaves", "(Lnet/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess;III)Z"), blocks.get("softLeafReplace")));
  }

Error hit on Bootstrap:L457
Block.registerBlocks();
Code:
[11:40:06] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: Unable to launch
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
   at GradleStart.bounce(GradleStart.java:107) [start/:?]
   at GradleStart.startClient(GradleStart.java:100) [start/:?]
   at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:65) [start/:?]
Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: Bad type on operand stack
Exception Details:
  net/minecraft/block/Block.canBeReplacedByLeaves(Lnet/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess;III)Z @6: invokevirtual
  Reason:
  Type 'net/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess' (current frame, stack[1]) is not assignable to 'net/minecraft/world/World'
  Current Frame:
  bci: @6
  flags: { }
  locals: { 'net/minecraft/block/Block', 'net/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess', integer, integer, integer }
  stack: { 'net/minecraft/block/Block', 'net/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess', integer, integer, integer }
  Bytecode:
  0000000: 2a2b 1c1d 1504 b609 95ac

at net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap.func_151354_b(Bootstrap.java:457) ~[Bootstrap.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:333) ~[Minecraft.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:141) ~[Main.class:?]
   ... 13 more

Disabling that tweak causes the fire tick ASM to NPE:
Code:
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/block/BlockFire
   at net.minecraft.block.Block.registerBlocks(Block.java:254) ~[Block.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap.func_151354_b(Bootstrap.java:457) ~[Bootstrap.class:?]
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:333) ~[Minecraft.class:?]
   ... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.block.BlockFire
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:188) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
   ... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error transforming method: [net/minecraft/block/BlockFire.updateTick(Lnet/minecraft/world/World;IIILjava/util/Random;)V]
   at codechicken.lib.asm.ModularASMTransformer$MethodTransformer.transform(ModularASMTransformer.java:90) ~[CodeChickenLib-1.7.10-1.1.1.93-dev.jar:?]
   at codechicken.lib.asm.ModularASMTransformer$ClassNodeTransformerList.transform(ModularASMTransformer.java:36) ~[CodeChickenLib-1.7.10-1.1.1.93-dev.jar:?]
   at codechicken.lib.asm.ModularASMTransformer.transform(ModularASMTransformer.java:283) ~[CodeChickenLib-1.7.10-1.1.1.93-dev.jar:?]
   at codechicken.core.asm.TweakTransformer.transform(TweakTransformer.java:84) ~[CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.2.9-dev.jar:?]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:276) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:174) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
   ... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at codechicken.core.asm.TweakTransformer$1.transform(TweakTransformer.java:59) ~[CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.2.9-dev.jar:?]
   at codechicken.lib.asm.ModularASMTransformer$MethodTransformer.transform(ModularASMTransformer.java:88) ~[CodeChickenLib-1.7.10-1.1.1.93-dev.jar:?]
   at codechicken.lib.asm.ModularASMTransformer$ClassNodeTransformerList.transform(ModularASMTransformer.java:36) ~[CodeChickenLib-1.7.10-1.1.1.93-dev.jar:?]
   at codechicken.lib.asm.ModularASMTransformer.transform(ModularASMTransformer.java:283) ~[CodeChickenLib-1.7.10-1.1.1.93-dev.jar:?]
   at codechicken.core.asm.TweakTransformer.transform(TweakTransformer.java:84) ~[CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.2.9-dev.jar:?]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:276) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:174) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
   ... 13 more

Last edited:

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
This is with Forge 1180 and the recommended 1.7.10 versions of NEI/CCC. I tried the newest versions, too.

I remember digging through the code and finding the ASM handler (to do with leaves) that was probably responsible.

Code:
[11:40:06] [main/ERROR]
Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: Bad type on operand stack
Exception Details:
  net/minecraft/block/Block.canBeReplacedByLeaves(Lnet/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess;III)Z @6: invokevirtual
  Reason:
  Type 'net/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess' (current frame, stack[1]) is not assignable to 'net/minecraft/world/World'
  Current Frame:
  bci: @6
  flags: { }
  locals: { 'net/minecraft/block/Block', 'net/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess', integer, integer, integer }
  stack: { 'net/minecraft/block/Block', 'net/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess', integer, integer, integer }
This is without any other mods in the dev environment? I'm not sure how CCC could cause that error on it's own, as it doesn't seem to reference World in it's transformation of Block.canBeReplacedByLeaves (here's the instruction list it injects into Block.canBeReplacedByLeaves).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

ossipetz

Jul 29, 2019
hello

I ran into the same exception (NoClassFound / BlockFire). The thing I've done wrong is starting the server using the fml.jar instead of using the forge.jar. Not sure about the exact difference. But the forge mod was missing in my case.

ray10k

Jul 29, 2019
I also have a crash when using NEI, but it seems to be a different issue entirely.
When I start playing, and regardless of whether I'm in single player or multiplayer, the game crashes to desktop whenever I try to look up what recipes an item is used in in NEI.
I've narrowed down the issue to the following mods and versions:

minecraft 1.7.10
Forge 10.13.3.1395-1710ls

CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.6.43
NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.106

DragonAPI 1.7.10 V6f
RotaryCraft 1.7.10 V6f

magicalcrops-4.0.0_PUBLIC_BETA_2

Full console output log (1,4 MB)
Crash report log (49 kB)

Removing either Rotary craft or Magical crops resolves the issue to the point where no further crashes occur when looking up the uses for an item. Additionally, looking up the recipes for an item does not cause the crash in either case.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I also have a crash when using NEI, but it seems to be a different issue entirely.
When I start playing, and regardless of whether I'm in single player or multiplayer, the game crashes to desktop whenever I try to look up what recipes an item is used in in NEI.
I've narrowed down the issue to the following mods and versions:

minecraft 1.7.10
Forge 10.13.3.1395-1710ls

CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.6.43
NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.106

DragonAPI 1.7.10 V6f
RotaryCraft 1.7.10 V6f

magicalcrops-4.0.0_PUBLIC_BETA_2

Full console output log (1,4 MB)
Crash report log (49 kB)

Removing either Rotary craft or Magical crops resolves the issue to the point where no further crashes occur when looking up the uses for an item. Additionally, looking up the recipes for an item does not cause the crash in either case.
I do not have this crash and the log mentions none of my code.

ray10k

Jul 29, 2019
I do not have this crash and the log mentions none of my code.
Fair enough, but in the full log, there are several NoSuchFieldExceptions caused by DragonAPI, search for "
[FML/DragonAPI]: DRAGONAPI: magicalcrops field not found! CropCow
"
to find the first.
Additionally, a little further down, there is a ClassDefNotFoundError also caused by DragonAPI, search for "
DRAGONAPI: Failed to initalize class Reika.DragonAPI.ModInteract.DeepInteract.FrameBlacklist! Class not found!
"
In both cases, part-way down the stack trace, there is mention of CPW's code, thus leading to my assumption that this may be part of the conflict.

If I'm being rude, I apologize, and I'll drop the issue.

ray10k

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the newest MagicCrops version?
Second-newest, the newest was made available just a few hours ago. Can't test again today, I'll post here tomorrow with the latest results.
Thank you for your patience with me, love your mods.

ray10k

Jul 29, 2019
Tested the crash again with the latest beta version of magical crops (4.0.0_PUBLIC_BETA_3), crash persists.
link to the logs, note that I put both the fml-client-latest.log and the crash report on that page.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if I could be of any help mentioning this, but I would like to let you know that the crash only happens (recently) after forge version 1370, so that could be another factor.