Rolling Machine

Mezekaldon

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to power a rolling machine from a redstone engine, use more then one. The rolling machine loses a bit of power over time, and just one redstone engine cant keep up with the power loss. Use like 5 redstone engines. Or just set up an old forestry arboretum and logger. If you pipe those into eachother and a fermenter correctly, you can produce enough biomass to continuously run 9 biogas engines. Just don't let the fermenter run out of compost, or the arboretum run out of humus. 2 engines to run logger and the other 7 to run whatever MJ powered stuff you want. Redstone energy conduits are your friend here.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
That's weird because I just gave it some time and now it runs smoothly. :/
Yea the RS engine will not produce enough until it's at the orange stage since the Rolling Machine will lose 1MJ/10 secs but you'll get a net gain of 9 MJ/10 secs to the rolling machine.

JohnnyWheeler

Jul 29, 2019
So this is getting very frustrating. I focused on Big Reactors so I would have plenty of power to run my machines on, but with all the recent changes to minecraft in 1.7.10 very few of my machines will run on RF anymore. Now I'm right back to making EnderIO generators, IC2 generators, galacticraft generators, etc... because none of them convert to other power supplies anymore. I've tried power converters mod and it just crashes my game. The redstone conduits used to work great, but they're gone too now. What's the deal. I'm sure there's a simple way to convert them, but there's no simple way to find out how. I've spent hours trying to search online for solutions and just given up and built the various generators because that's just easier and quicker. I really wish someone would decide on a single power system for minecraft that works for all machines so people like me (noobs) wouldn't have to keep wasting resources for unnecessary power supplies while our nuclear reactor sits idle full of yellorium and power that can't be used. Seriously. Is it that hard to just use an existing power system?