Rock crusher wont start

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone engines, while they do produce power, they don't produce enough to do anything more than power a buildcraft pipe. They produced, iirc, 0.08mj/tick at max speed in 1.6.4. I imagine that hasn't changed.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Since a recent version the only device that could be powered by redstone engines was a pump. And I think an even more recent version also removed that.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Since a recent version the only device that could be powered by redstone engines was a pump. And I think an even more recent version also removed that.
I think 4 redstone engines can JUST power a pump, when they have heated to max...

But why would you power stuff with engines and not some other RF producing monster? Big Reactor? Furnace generator? etc.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
But why would you power stuff with engines and not some other RF producing monster? Big Reactor? Furnace generator? etc.
I didn't use Buildcraft pumps since this change yet, but it was very convenient to power a pump with redstone engines.

Does anyone know if the Ender-Thermic Pump still works with redstone engines?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't use Buildcraft pumps since this change yet, but it was very convenient to power a pump with redstone engines.

Does anyone know if the Ender-Thermic Pump still works with redstone engines?
Did it ever? o_O
It probably still does :p

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013

Yes, because with RF, redstone engines would essentially give you free energy.

In 6.1.2-6.2.1, only pipes can be powered with redstone engines. In 6.2.2+, the pump can too. In 6.3.x, an API will be introduced to let others make their things work with RS engines if they so wish.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Redstone engines, while they do produce power, they don't produce enough to do anything more than power a buildcraft pipe. They produced, iirc, 0.08mj/tick at max speed in 1.6.4. I imagine that hasn't changed.

0.625 RF/t, however the RF is only outputted to whitelisted machines so that you can't use it as free energy either way.