Closed Ring of magnetization crash

M

MrMiscode

Summary of the problem Ring of magnetization crash

Pack Version 1.3.0

What is the bug? When dropping an item with the ring of magnetization equipped in the bauble slot the item the item doesnt drop. When this happens you can no longer open the bauble menu or drop any items. If the bugged player disconnects then the server shuts down completely.

Mod & Version Botania r1.10-352

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/3659a61d

Is it repeatable? Equip ring of magnetization and drop an item

Known Fix

Evgeny

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem.
And then you drop the Iron ingot to the mana pool - you lose ingots completely.

P.s. - Version 1.4.0 - same problem...

Last edited:
B

BlackJewwbacca

same problem.
i cant even open my baubles inventory to remove the ring. the game just crashes once i try to open baubles inventory.

I

ImHumanGetMeOutOfHere

I have the same problem with items not dropping, but I can still open the baubles inventory and stuff... I'm in Single Player.

I

ImHumanGetMeOutOfHere

I also just noticed that the texture of the magnet bit on the ring is brighter when the ring is first made (or spawned in, I was testing), but then less bright once you've equipped it. It looked like it was disabled or something, so I tried shift-right clicking it, since that often activates/deactivates items. Instead, the ring was voided. It disappeared from my inventory.
Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: Also, when you spawn a new one in (or craft one), you cant right click to automatically equip the ring like normal.
The ring also only goes dark when you drop an item, rather than when equipped. It also actually works normally, magnetising items to you until you drop something.

Edit 2: The ring keeps reactivating itself in slightly random circumstances, and not entirely reliably. It seems that if you pick up an item when the ring is deactivated by walking into the normal pickup range, it reactivates. There are other scenarios, but these were less reliable.

Last edited: