RFTools - Support and Suggestions

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I have a request for everyone. In the next version of RFTools I would like to rebalance all/most dimlets for materials and liquids. To help with this it would be nice if you could provide me with the output of the /rftdim dumprarity command. I would like to cover as many mods as possible. Thanks :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I have a request for everyone. In the next version of RFTools I would like to rebalance all/most dimlets for materials and liquids. To help with this it would be nice if you could provide me with the output of the /rftdim dumprarity command. I would like to cover as many mods as possible. Thanks :)
I'll fire up my pack tonight and let you know the results. It's got quite a large selection (MFR, Thermal Mods, GalacticCraft, Tinkers, Mekanism)

Reactions: McJty

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Will fire up my pack and provide both a mod dump and dimlet dump for you.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: McJty

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Quick note to point out: Enable logging in the RFTools config file. Took me several tries before figuring it out.

I'll have a copy up in my DropBox as soon as I can secure a connection.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Quick note to point out: Enable logging in the RFTools config file. Took me several tries before figuring it out.

I'll have a copy up in my DropBox as soon as I can secure a connection.

Hmm. If you do /rftdim dumprarity doesn't it show otherwise?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Not by default. At least it shows up in the logger, which is where it counts.

Anyways, here's a trimmed down excerpt from the logger.

I know I have Thaumcraft 4, Tinker's Construct, Thermal Expansion (all components), Metallurgy 4 (temporary with Fantasy Metals off, messes up UBC bad due to UBCoreregistar,) Extra TiCo, Tinker's Steelworks, Flaxbeard's Steam power, Blood Magic, and Botanica offhand. I tried to get Foundry in, but it's still too new and doesn't add anything new.

Something you might want to add to the parser just to make it easier: If "Molten" is part of the list (eg "Molten Cobalt" for example,) then trim off the word "Liquid". I see a lot of "Liquid Molten <metal>" in there.

Also, when weighing Metallurgy, use the same weights for both Nether and Fantasy metals. They have the same ratio by default.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Not by default. At least it shows up in the logger, which is where it counts.

Anyways, here's a trimmed down excerpt from the logger.

I know I have Thaumcraft 4, Tinker's Construct, Thermal Expansion (all components), Metallurgy 4 (temporary with Fantasy Metals off, messes up UBC bad due to UBCoreregistar,) Extra TiCo, Tinker's Steelworks, Flaxbeard's Steam power, Blood Magic, and Botanica offhand. I tried to get Foundry in, but it's still too new and doesn't add anything new.

Something you might want to add to the parser just to make it easier: If "Molten" is part of the list (eg "Molten Cobalt" for example,) then trim off the word "Liquid". I see a lot of "Liquid Molten <metal>" in there.

Also, when weighing Metallurgy, use the same weights for both Nether and Fantasy metals. They have the same ratio by default.

I get an error when trying to download that file. Can you put it on pastebin or so? Thanks!

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
No problem. I suggest doing a bit of research and weight heavier with liquids that have negative effect/no purpose. Like Molten Blood or Liquid Death. (Or Flux Goo, heh.)

In the future, you can compress multi-colored selections (such as glass and stained clay) into a single "Rainbow" material using the plain block as a foundation and adding big streaks of a color using fractal patterns.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Point. I just like the idea that there's no water to drink when you have Enviromine installed... >)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Put a bit more variation in it--I'd like to see taller volcanic variations, perhaps cauldera and vented varieties. Even sneak in basalt from other mods and obsidian.

Hossumquat

Jul 29, 2019
I have an interesting idea for dimlets. The 'grammer' nature of them forms a kind of nesting structure, where for example a material none modifies a terrain, etc. Might be cool if you could open a dimlet (GUI interface) and have slots where you put put dimlets, so a material none dimlet would fit in a special slot inside a terrain dimlet, and only appropriate dimlets would fit that slot. I think this would be a lot more intuitive to players how the whole grammer thing works.

Reactions: merlin43210

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I have an interesting idea for dimlets. The 'grammer' nature of them forms a kind of nesting structure, where for example a material none modifies a terrain, etc. Might be cool if you could open a dimlet (GUI interface) and have slots where you put put dimlets, so a material none dimlet would fit in a special slot inside a terrain dimlet, and only appropriate dimlets would fit that slot. I think this would be a lot more intuitive to players how the whole grammer thing works.

Yes, this has been suggested before. However, that's a rather big change so not sure if I will get around to that soon.