RFTools Dimension costs vs Dimlet cost?

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing around with RFTools dimension for the last two days, using FTB Infinity 10.1, and one thing I have noticed is that Dimlet costs does not correctly account for the final Dimension cost.

For example, I have a "BioFuel Dimlet". Maintain Cost: 3000 RF/tick, and Tick cost: 300 ticks.
I add this in front of a Terrain Dimlet with a Maintain cost of 1 RF/tick and Tick cost of 1 tick.

Final Dimension cost:
Maintenance cost: 15011 RF/tick
Tick Cost: 702 ticks

This does not add up at all. Is there something I'm overlooking?
The cost of a random Dimension is like 300 RF/tick, so even if I have to account for the unspecified Dimlets, there are still 12000 RF/tick that is unaccounted for.

Is there something I can do to get the cost down?(Other than Efficiency Dimlet)

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Yea Dont Put so much crap in It other then that - no
I guess

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
That's the thing though, I only put in two tings. A fluid modifier and a Terrain, neither of which even come close to the final cost value.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Simplest answer is that it also added up the costs of the other random dimlets and gave you a discount for it being random. 10% cost, I think.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I thought too at the beginning, but I tried creating a non-random dimension with every dimlet filled with normal/none slots.
The total running cost from the dimlets ended up at something like 3300 RF/t, however when I crated the dimension it still ended up at 15322 RF/t

Either this is a bug, or the final cost is some multiple of the dimlet costs that isn't being explained =S

I also tried creating a number of totally random dimension(Only using Digit Dimlets), and they always ended up at around 300 RF/t running cost.

EDIT:
Ok, searched through the mods GitHub issues and found this: https://github.com/McJty/RFTools/issues/63

It seems that liquids, when placed in front of Terrain, will have their cost multiplied by 10(Tho only 5 in this case, changed lately?).
That really should be indicated in a better way -_-

Thank you all for your suggestions :)

Last edited: