RF Void -- consume infinite RF!

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
In response to @rhn's need for a block consuming infinite RF:
Question:
I know there are creative energy cells etc that produce power endlessly, but are there simple creative blocks that will just drain endless amounts of RF forever? Would be so much more handy for creative reactor testing etc.

I made a mod.

Download v0.1 from here, put it in your mods folder, and it should just work.

It looks like an untextured block:
4D1FBsN.png

It has no recipe, but can be pulled out of NEI or the creative inventory.

It consumes all the power:
PuQt0ts.png

Bug reports, pull requests, etc., are all accepted, but I don't expect to do anything other than maybe update this to 1.7.10 at some point in future (if anyone wishes for it).

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i'm not trying to say that there was no point in making this mod, but MFR sort of has the solution already. you can fabricators in combination with void pipe(BC) or nullifier(TE), to create an energy sink.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
i'm not trying to say that there was no point in making this mod, but MFR sort of has the solution already. you can fabricators in combination with void pipe(BC) or nullifier(TE), to create an energy sink.
It's okay, it took about 30 minutes to write, and most of that was just ripping out the innards of the mod I gutted to make this one. I'm not sure I'll ever use it myself.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Y'know, if a little thing like this is getting this much attention, maybe I should start working on BeamMeUp again... I'm sure it'd be fun to play with, and far more useful than RF Void.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Y'know, if a little thing like this is getting this much attention, maybe I should start working on BeamMeUp again... I'm sure it'd be fun to play with, and far more useful than RF Void.
Please tell me that's a Star Trek reference.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In response to @rhn's need for a block consuming infinite RF:
Bug reports, pull requests, etc., are all accepted, but I don't expect to do anything other than maybe update this to 1.7.10 at some point in future (if anyone wishes for it).

@Narc, don't suppose you ever got around to updating this to 1.7?

I can see how an RF voiding block wouldn't be super high in demand, but I'm trying to find something that will void power and let me (somehow) track how much power I've voided, in such a way that OpenComputers can monitor that amount.

The simplest thing to do would probably be for your block to have an ability to "Void Power at X RF and then emit a redstone pulse", at which point I could handle that pulse and increase a stored variable by X.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
No, I'd actually forgotten this existed. I don't relish updating my build environment for 1.7.10, either, but there might not be a need to do so -- I think the creative energy cell will just accept power if you set it to do so.

I can see how an RF voiding block wouldn't be super high in demand, but I'm trying to find something that will void power and let me (somehow) track how much power I've voided, in such a way that OpenComputers can monitor that amount.
That sounds like it'd be best served by an addon to OpenComputers proper -- it honestly shouldn't be much more difficult than outputting redstone after a configurable amount of RF went through.

As I said above, I don't have a mod build environment for 1.7.10 (and I don't really check these forums often), but if you can't find anyone else to write it for you, I can give it a go this weekend or thereabouts. It can't be that hard, can it?

Reactions: Pyure

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019

The simplest thing to do would probably be for your block to have an ability to "Void Power at X RF and then emit a redstone pulse", at which point I could handle that pulse and increase a stored variable by X.

Whoa necro-post. Try a Creative Energy Cell though. ;)

Reactions: Narc and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Whoa necro-post. Try a Creative Energy Cell though. ;)
Definitely a necro, but it was directly in response to a mod thread. If you take a year off and I have a question, I'll post on one of your mod threads too :)

Do creative energy cells void energy? Neato. I didn't even know they accepted energy.

Now I just need to figure out how to get OC to track power throughput and ideally do some eventhandling.

Reactions: Narc

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No, I'd actually forgotten this existed. I don't relish updating my build environment for 1.7.10, either, but there might not be a need to do so -- I think the creative energy cell will just accept power if you set it to do so.

That sounds like it'd be best served by an addon to OpenComputers proper -- it honestly shouldn't be much more difficult than outputting redstone after a configurable amount of RF went through.

As I said above, I don't have a mod build environment for 1.7.10 (and I don't really check these forums often), but if you can't find anyone else to write it for you, I can give it a go this weekend or thereabouts. It can't be that hard, can it?
Thanks Narc, naw don't sweat it. I'm just doing some due diligence by asking around. I have Phoenix Team buddies that can toss something together for me quickly if necessary.

Thanks a bunch guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Narc and Padfoote

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
If you want to void a lot of RF power you can always build a few expensive RFTools dimensions :) My mod has some very easy ways to get rid of a lot of RF very quickly.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you want to void a lot of RF power you can always build a few expensive RFTools dimensions :) My mod has some very easy ways to get rid of a lot of RF very quickly.
Yeah I noticed that :)

You also have a power monitor block iirc, I'm gonna look at that and see if I can use it for anything.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
Granted its a necro post but Ender I/O Creative Capicator Banks are half filled and Input/Output 500k (and doesn't fill up or empty) so its technically a RF voider.