Reward System Using Gates (for map makers)

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
2013-09-18_22.10.05.png
Hey guys,
This is a little contraption I made for rewarding a player in a map. For instance, you can say that 1 baked potato = 1 diamond. When dropping the baked potato into the hopper, the diamond gate detects that if there is a baked potato, emit a redstone signal. The simple autarchic gate says that if you receive a redstone signal, emit a single energy pulse. The chest has 1 diamond in it and send it to a chest above, or an ender chest that gives it to the player. If you wanted two items, use a Diamond AND gate. This could be helpful in survival challenge maps for rewarding the player.

In the picture, ignore the second chest. It is not needed for this to work.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using AE and MFR in my map. I use drawbridges as my gates. I put a chest down with a precision import bus connected underneath the floor. I send it to an AE system with level emitters set for each item I require to proceed. The emitters are all linked by MFR Rednet Cables, and each emitter has a different color connection. I use Rednet Controllers for my AND gates. I connect the controllers to a NOT gate that is set to emit a signal by default so the drawbridges stay open. When the player puts all of the items in the chest, the emitters send the signals to the controllers which turn off the NOT gate which lowers the drawbridges.

You'll get a much better feel for it when I release the map. I also have the capability of making requirements of producing a certain number of items per second, or a certain amount of energy per second using something similar.

Reactions: OlexaKid64

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I think thats a pretty nice thing you came up with, nice:)

I actually tried this myself, since I think it's a cool thing. Here is mine: :D

Setup:
This is the basic setup, the gate is an Autarchic diamond AND gate.
The item you want to reward the player with is in the first slot of the normal chest.

2013-10-17_00.39.11.png

Diamond AND Gate settings
(poisonous potato can be exchanged for any item)
2013-10-17_00.39.30.png

Gate setup if you want the player to need more then 1 item to get the reward
All you need to do is to add some red pipe wire and change the settings, it's expandable to as many different items as you want

2013-10-17_00.43.24.png

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem I see with your invention is the fact that the single energy pulse is going to pull out the potato.. no? It's not a reward system if you're getting the same item you got before!

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
No that's why you put the item that you want to give to the player in the first slot. The pulser will take the first item in inventory, and since you can only do this once per chest anyways (because of the potato always being in the chest) it works this way ;d