Resolving key conflicts

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
There are a vast number of mods that have overlapping default key bindings. In a lot of cases, mods like MineMenu are the only option.

But, in a lot of cases, the keybind only activates if a mod item is the active item - think the thaumcraft wand 'F' key, the IC2 mode switch and ALT keys. and so on.
In these cases, it would be bloody helpful if, instead of the first/last mod registering the keybind handling the keybind, they could silently ignore the keybind if their item was not active, and let the next mod in the chain handle it, until the mod with the item actually finds it.

Then, then I could take ALL the mods with a modify-the-action-of-the-active-item keybinds, and put all of them on a single, easy for my fingers to find, key. And a single keypress could activate / toggle a variety of different mods items.

Reactions: Golrith and mcalpha

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Yea that would be very helpful

I'm not sure how MC handles keybinds. It seems like sometimes multiple conflicting keybinds activate simulateously, sometimes only one keybind responses. It's probably on the mods' side to fix it.