[Resolved] Gregtech408s disables TConstruct ores in dictionary, any fix available?

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure this has already been posted or discussed somewhere were I couldn't find it but I wanted to know if someone have released a patched version of gregtech for 1.6.4 without this bu....t code.

Decompiled from 408s
Code:
if ((aOriginalMod.toLowerCase().contains("xycraft")) || (aOriginalMod.toLowerCase().contains("tconstruct")) || ((aOriginalMod.toLowerCase().contains("natura")) && (!aOriginalMod.toLowerCase().contains("natural"))))
      {
        if (GregTech_API.DEBUG_MODE) {
          GT_Log.ore.println(aMod + " -> " + aEvent.Name + " is getting ignored, because of racism. :P");
        }
        return;
      }

In the meantime I'll try to edit it myself.
Thx in advance.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
 because of racism. :P

i'm a bit afraid of what me saying this may lead to, but this explains a lot, and it's not funny...

gokogt386

Jul 29, 2019
mDiyo asked Greg not to mess with his stuff, so Greg removed any interaction with TiC.
(Also, it isn't removed from the OreDict. That's just GT ignoring it)

Reactions: Padfoote

TigerShark

Jul 29, 2019
mDiyo asked Greg not to mess with his stuff, so Greg removed any interaction with TiC.

Yeah, u re right on that, the ingots itself are not removed from the dict but all greg stuff and some ic will ignore it....
Anyway, I removed that from the class so it is working as I want now... this children make me work on sundays XD[DOUBLEPOST=1406483294][/DOUBLEPOST]
Someone, quick! I need something to blame on Greg. Anything will do.
No one is talking about that. I play gregtech because I want to so no hard feelings but as a systems engineer I can't come to respect a programmer that puts that code into an already distributed mod.

Anyway, I edited the class and now it works as I want so this post became useless.

Thx for your time.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
but as a systems engineer I can't come to respect a programmer that puts that code into an already distributed mod.

This is where you lost me. You just quoted this post.

Please, @TigerShark, ffs, just stop talking. If your game functions as you want it to now, good for you, but stop blasting devs just because you were inconvenienced.

Reactions: Padfoote

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
*draws pentagram*
*throws in either skull*
*death hated nether*
*throws in steak*
@xbony2
I think MineTweaker can add items to the oredict.

Also @Not_Steve you're not summoning him properly. Here- borrow my skull.

Tactical edit. It comes in a tin.
Ah, thank you.

I'm more intrigued by the fact he included XyCraft in that list. Seriously, the hell?
There's a reason for all this, Greg's not letting off steam, I shall explain :p

Both mods (Tic and Xycraft) adds something in common: Aluminum ore. It's registered in the ore dictionary as "oreAluminum".

However, Greg disagrees with this. His ore is registered in the ore dictionary as "oreAluminium" with the extra 'i'. The reason for this is because according to the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (A bunch of giant science-nerds) the word "aluminium" is preferred, and that's what most people call it outside of the USA and Canada.

For a better explanation, go here.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Still, I'd think that would be a config line somewhere, instead of hardcoded, like how Big Reactors does with ore dictionary uranium ingots and yellorium. I say this because Greg may be many things, some of them relatively unpleasant, but he's good when it comes to giving lots of config options.