resetting thaumcraft research?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, is there any ways to reset an individual persons thaumcraft research? Where could this be located for a server? We're using the MindCrack pack if that'd affect it, which I doubt, but meh. All I want to know is how to reset a thaumcraft research for one certain individual

Oh, and deleting the player.dat (or whatever the player file is called) didn't delete the thaumcraft research
Thanks in advance!

Jeza

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry could you help me find this file? I have tried searching but nothing came up. Thanks for any help!

Sprung

Jul 29, 2019
I can chime in on this. First like the OP I deleted my save thinking that would do it. It did not. I latter found that research file and changes the spelling if my name so I would not have to risk breaking some one else's research. This did not wipe my research either. I still have not figured it out.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Azanors changelog said:
- in the ongoing battle to prevent data loss, research data is now saved with the players vanilla NBT data. As a happy side-effect this seems to solve the offline/online issue. \o/
Not sure what that means, or where to actually find it now though.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The research data is now part of <packname>\minecraft\saves\<worldname>\players\<playername>.dat
No extra file to simply copy around.

You can check this with NBTExplorer.
Open that file and find the data as a subsection of ForgeData

Jeza

Jul 29, 2019
The research data is now part of <packname>\minecraft\saves\<worldname>\players\<playername>.dat

Sorry for being an absolute noob but what is NBTExplorer. I have tried to delete my player.dat but that did not work. Any suggestions? Many thanks for the help!

Jeza

Jul 29, 2019

I cannot open the file <player>.dat as it is greyed out. Any suggestions? Many thanks for the help!
I found it and deleted the thaumcraft file however I still have the same amount of researched items as before. I think this is because I cannot save the files that have been edited as the save button is unavailable. Thanks for any help!

Luca_1

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i just had a problem with my thaumcraft book. i was testing something and i picked up the creative thaumonomicon by mistake so i fu** all the investigation in my single player world. So i read this but, i did what this user said

But the problem still persist, i deleted that line atleast 5 times, i tried deleting a lot of files from the save game but all the research is still there.

Does anyone know how can i trully delete it, without losing the rest of my world? I'm too advance in IC2 (Starting to craft quantum armor) so i dont want to start another world and also i dont like to have everything discovered, so if someone could help me, i'd be so glad!

Pd: Sorry about my english, i know it sucks LoL

vengpjer

Jul 29, 2019
I would like some feedback on this aswell, as there is no solution given, i am having the same problem, but no matter what i do, which line i delete, the research still persists. Help please.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I havn't used NBTeditor in a while, but I remember the save isn't automatic. Make sure you save your changes?

Not sure what else is saved in the player.dat, but you could try putting all your inventory in a chest -- remember where you are from spawn. And delete move/delete your player file.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
In my SSP world, the information seems also to be part of the level.dat
level.dat->Data->Player->ForgeData->PlayerPersisted->TCResearch

vengpjer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, found the TCResearch just like you said MilConDoin.

Now i have another question. Where is it located with a SMP server?

Because, i have the same problem there, i wish to delete all the research, and this time it isnt located under level.dat, and i cant manage to find it.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, found the TCResearch just like you said MilConDoin.

Now i have another question. Where is it located with a SMP server?

Because, i have the same problem there, i wish to delete all the research, and this time it isnt located under level.dat, and i cant manage to find it.

On a server, it's in your world folder >players >playerName.dat

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
Why is this desired btw? Was the carpel tunnel from the first round of clicking not enough? Or is there a bug that causes the need for a reset? Let me know so I can avoid it!