Reset Parts of map

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Silas

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to reset select parts of a map to allow for world gen? I know I can always do Myst ages to get the gen but I want to have my spawn area and city left alone but all around it generate back to default and include the new gen content.

any help would be great

Silas

Jul 29, 2019
I am aware of that :) I just don't want to have to keep traveling out farther if possible. Like triming off the chunks I didn't build in. Maybe world edit?

Raefar

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you delete some of your world regions files, just figure out which region file your build is in then delete the others. Other option would be a world recreate then import your region file into the map folder and overwrite the new copy.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I've used MCEdit to delete parts of the overworld. I wish there was a way of loading the Twilight Forest in MCEdit. Does anyone know of a way of regenerating TF chunks?

Raefar

Jul 29, 2019
Phil I believe you can do the same thing for the Twilight Forest, just locate the world region file for twilight forest area you want to regen and delete it and will will regenerate once you enter the area again.