Required mods config?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuRiouSOne

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a place to edit the required mods for clients to connect to a server? Some reason the server is requiring mods that are not even installed server side as well as requiring a mod such as biomsoplenty which is disabled by default (for whatever reason i dont know) client side but i have it enabled server side forcing players to manually enable the mod client side just to play (should be enabled by default, who wants to play on a non extra biome server?).

So where can i edit the required mods server side? I have check all config files but unable to find anything. Did not have any of these problems back on 1.4.7 Ultimate.

Server side diabled mods = chickenchunks and gravigun but yet still requiring clients to have them enabled to connect, /facepalm.

Server side enabled mods = BiomesOPlenty but yet client side is disabled by default and must enable to play on my biomesoplenty server, /facepalm...

Redlotus99

Jul 29, 2019
Did you check in the mods folder and remove the word disabled on the ends of the mods that are disabled?

FuRiouSOne

Jul 29, 2019
Did you check in the mods folder and remove the word disabled on the ends of the mods that are disabled?

Server side? There are no disabled mods, im not that dumb :D. Plus thats not the issue at hand. Im asking why are clients not able to connect to a server that doesnt have gravigun mod installed in the mods folder when the client have gravigun mod disabled? Do i need to put gravigun mod back in server side and add .disabled to the end of it? Also was curious why biomesoplenty is disabled by default both server and client side?

Redlotus99

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the are disabled both client and server side in the pack. I had to enable the ones I wanted server side and also have clients enable them that was why I asked. As far as your issue with the gravigun I don't have an answer for that one.

Biomes O Plenty is disabled by default at a request by the dev for the mod. That was my understanding.

FuRiouSOne

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i manually re-installed chickenchunks and gravigun back into the server but added .disabled to the end of them disabling them server side but still having them there and tested my client (chickenchunks and gravigun disabled) and now able to connect.

Kind of odd how it works now but hey it works and i learn something new today! Hope BOP dev gets the word out to the new packs to enable his mod by default soon. Will be launching my server soon and would hate to constantly tell players they need to enable the mod manually if they wish to connect.. Still makes no since to have it disabled when it seems to be working fine so far throughout my testing other then one small jungle spider issue (error in console but no crash). Like i said who would want to play FTB without extra biomes is beyond me..

Status
Not open for further replies.