Replicating Tin and Copper

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
So, because ic2 oregen is turned off by default I can't get any ore to scan tin and copper for the replicator. Is there anyway round this? i'd be gutted if I can't replicate tin and copper.

I tried enabling the oregen but it said block 3480 & 3482 are missing...

Can't I make a mystcraft age or something with ic2 ore in it? or is there another way to get into the replicator?

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't seem to work. The ic2 ores just don't appear to be available in game.

I looked for a way to spawn straight from the item id which the /summon item command seems to do, but I think that's only 1.7.2

I'm going to have a look in the configs and see what tweakery is possible

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What pack are you playing?
Also, if the pack has another mod with Copper and Tin (Thermal Foundation for example) you can use that Tin/Copper in all your recipes :p

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
What pack are you playing?
Also, if the pack has another mod with Copper and Tin (Thermal Foundation for example) you can use that Tin/Copper in all your recipes :p
doesnt help OP though. He's trying to replicate Copper and Tin with UU matter which doesnt seem to be ore dict compatible.

OP do IC2 copper and tin show up in your NEI? cause you could cheat one of each in and use those for templates, or try scanning the ore versions to see if that works

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on Monster 1.1.1

The problem is not recipes it's the scanner - it won't scan any other ore than the ic2 versions.

I tried replacing the ic2 block id with another existing id to trick ic2 into thinking the Thermal Expansion version of the ore was IT'S version. It didn't work...
Can the scanner itself be configured?

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
No that's the point, the ic2 ores don't appear in NEI

They don't seem obtainable in any way unless I re-roll my world, which I don't want to do as I've got a pretty sick base set up.

If this can't be resolved it seems to be a bit of a glaring oversight, because it's essentially stopping part of Ic2 working.

I do understand however how much of a headache it must be to put 186 mods together... plus Ic2 appears to be in an experimental phase

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like I just gotta wait for a 1.7 pack

Shame cos I really wanted to set up 3 replicators doing Iron, Copper & Tin which would reduce the need for quarrying

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
I know monster is 1.6.4 and the scanner only has a select amount of items it accepts. In 1.7.10 the list was increased significantly more to allow more things to be replicated. 1.6.4 ic2 was going through changes and unfortunately the mod dev didn't add much to that part. I had the same problem when getting into ic2 again I couldn't even replicate a chest its only 8 wood planks and I didn't want to use them cause I had infinite uu mater 2 max size steel tanks from rail craft and A pump in a mystctaft age of uu ocean I had about 4 of those ages infinite for all so yea I was disappointed

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Is the ore itself critical? Or can you make do with the ingots. If it's the latter, you can process copper and tin in an IC2 machine to get the IC2 variant of the ingot and use that. Ender IO machines can do it as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1413855949][/DOUBLEPOST]Is the ore itself critical? Or can you make do with the ingots. If it's the latter, you can process copper and tin in an IC2 machine to get the IC2 variant of the ingot and use that. Ender IO machines can do it as well.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
No that's the point, the ic2 ores don't appear in NEI

They don't seem obtainable in any way unless I re-roll my world, which I don't want to do as I've got a pretty sick base set up.

If this can't be resolved it seems to be a bit of a glaring oversight, because it's essentially stopping part of Ic2 working.

I do understand however how much of a headache it must be to put 186 mods together... plus Ic2 appears to be in an experimental phase
The problem you're having is to do with the way the oregen configs for IC2 work. As a relic of when ids were severely limited (max 256 block ids including vanilla) when it's told not to generate its ores, IC2 just outright doesn't register them with the game, so as far as your instance is concerned, they don't exist (hence not showing up in NEI).
As a result, unless you enable them in the config there is no way you'll be able to obtain those ore blocks. You'll probably just have to make do with scanning the ingots.

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
What I don't understand is how replacing the block ids in ic2 config with existing blocks doesn't trick it into thinking that that is 'it's' version...?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
What I don't understand is how replacing the block ids in ic2 config with existing blocks doesn't trick it into thinking that that is 'it's' version...?

IC2 doesn't register the ores at all if the oregen is turned off for them. So it simply doesn't use the IDs specified in the config at all.

Also, it doesn't recognize IC2's own ingots? How about the IC2 ore dusts? Or maybe the ingot block versions?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Is there a need for IC2 copper/tin for anything other than replication? If you just need more MFR's laser drill can produce any ore, including those two types.

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
yeah I've got two MFR lasers working away, I'm just wanting to create the ultimate replicator system. Since i've automated the making of HV arrays I have loads of EU...

MasterChief0815

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem with the FTB Direwolf20 1.6.4 version.
I just know that there is a program / mod which can only produce from the various ores of. only I find nothing in the direction. I have stayed at the ic2.cfg file tin ore is set to true, but still useable find nothing :(

me it would be enough if I could cheat it with "nei".

I hope you understand the text I have translated with google translator :)

Thanks in advance