repair enchantment on books

oirelando

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to get the repair enchantment on a book i have a good xp farm but i dont want to go through 25 zephyr swords trying to get it so could i save materials by doing books or is that not possible?

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. It might be even more time consuming trying to get anything specific on a book though.

Penguirrel

Jul 29, 2019
That's how I got repair for my Zephyr sword. It's just a random chance on a book like most any other enchant.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
enchanting a thaumcraft tool gives a much better chance to get the repair enchantment from my experiences. You can still do it with books but you might take over 100 tries.

Reactions: RedBoss

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm what Maldroth said. Out of 8 swords I enchanted, 2 have repair. Out of 2 iron chests of books, none of them do.

Reactions: Maldroth

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
The swords or any of the tc3 tools don't cost much to make, I got lucky first time I enchanted tc3 items 4/5 had repair on them. The 5th item was the pick, I went over a stack of books with no repair, I decided to make another pick and boom repair

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to get the repair enchantment on a book i have a good xp farm but i dont want to go through 25 zephyr swords trying to get it so could i save materials by doing books or is that not possible?

manually enchanting books is soooo 2012 (sorry, I couldn't stop myself xD ) just use a turtle to do the killing and enchanting for you, or add a mod like Liquid Experience. you don't have to babysit an exp farm to get enchanted books.
if you do choose to use items or machines to do the work for you, don't forget to place down a chunkloader, and be very careful what happens with any overflow of items or experience, because it'll lagg the hell out of you.

Penguirrel

Jul 29, 2019
I use 20 XP bees under the floor of the enchantment table. Gets you 30 levels almost by the time it takes to put in a book, hit enchant, then place book in organized fashion.

oirelando

Jul 29, 2019
I use 20 XP bees under the floor of the enchantment table. Gets you 30 levels almost by the time it takes to put in a book, hit enchant, then place book in organized fashion.
ive never heard of enchant bees but those sound badass ima do some research on those. thanks!

Delcar

Jul 29, 2019
EDENic. As in paradise. Awesome stuff, but a... interesting mix to breed them :/ It'll take a while to get to them oirelando; also with the right TC3 research, you can have mini-golems killing and gathering XP for you :D

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
For the love of god...... Use MFR Enchanter for enchanting books it can give you upto 4 yes FOUR enchants on a single book and does not use your XP.

Here's how...

Get any tier 5 soul shard (cow, pig, chicken or any mob) set up and 10 x 10 area and wall it in, then take 4 MFR Grinders and position one on each side of the wall so that all the area is covered. Then connect each grinder to a BC power system (it uses a fair amount). Put a Relay next to each grinder to collect mob loot (yes you get the mob drops too) and pipe this back to your storage area. Connect a liquiduct to each grinder and then back to a tank.

Turn on system and mobs get killed, you get the drops, and the mobs get ground into "mob essence" which you store in a tank.

Take a MFR enchanter and pipe in the mob essence, connect it to a power source and feed it books.

Try it .. you'll wonder why you never did this before, yes it uses a lot of power but you end up with dozens and dozens of enchanted books, most of the time with multiple enchants on a single book.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Edenic bees are great for the Explorer effect that gives XP. I've actually moved that trait over to some Arcane bees that pollinate with books. I use those in my enchanting room since they make paper and knowledge fragments for research.

Penguirrel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure it's not intentional but the bees give of the XP even if they aren't actively producing things so I injected my bees with End flowering since I don't have the dragon egg around them. This way they never have to have maintenance with princesses/drones/combs. I just leave them in apiaries under the floor. Set and forget it!

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure it's not intentional but the bees give of the XP even if they aren't actively producing things so I injected my bees with End flowering since I don't have the dragon egg around them. This way they never have to have maintenance with princesses/drones/combs. I just leave them in apiaries under the floor. Set and forget it!

This is fixed in the newest Forestry Beta so I'd make a plan B

Penguirrel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually making a ton of books now before the Mindcrack pack gets updated so if this does come to pass I still won't be much affected. Seeing as it will be awhile before 1.5/1.6 compatibility I probably have some time.