Rendering error crash when opening inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am Tyrant, I recently started experiencing crash problems with ftb that occured when i opened my inventory, a chest, or a machine. The problems started when i was playing on my friend's server, and my computer suddenly crashed while looking through recipes. After i tried to log back on, I kept crashing when I tried to do anything inventory related. Here is one of the crash reports I got:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// On the bright side, I bought you a teddy bear!

Time: 5/17/13 6:01 PM
Description: Rendering screen

java.lang.NullPointerException
at codechicken.nei.NEIClientConfig.getSearchExpression(NEIClientConfig.java:539)
at codechicken.nei.LayoutManager.renderSlotOverlay(LayoutManager.java:804)
at codechicken.nei.forge.GuiContainerManager.renderSlotOverlay(GuiContainerManager.java:566)
at avf.a(GuiContainer.java:386)
at avf.a(GuiContainer.java:128)
at avv.a(SourceFile:31)
at avz.a(SourceFile:48)
at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:1004)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:884)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:773)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Stacktrace:
at ayp.a(WorldClient.java:439)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.b(Minecraft.java:2409)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:789)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_21, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 69025728 bytes (65 MB) / 350666752 bytes (334 MB) up to 1046937600 bytes (998 MB)
Mod Pack: CWW256 forgot to change this.
LiteLoader Mods: 5 loaded mod(s)
- VoxelPacket version 2.0.2
- VoxelPlayer version 0.9.6
- Integrated Sound Packs version 1.1.1
- VoxelMenu version 1.4.7_05
- VoxelMap version 1.0.0
JVM Flags: 7 total; -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
AABB Pool Size: 8667 (485352 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1143 (64008 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 3, tallocated: 63
FML:
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized-
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: GeForce 310M/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Sphax PureBDCraft 32x MC14.zip
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 1523 (85288 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 253 (14168 bytes; 0 MB) used

Note that I cut out the 'detailed crash report' because it exceeded the maximum character limit. Please help!

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
This may not be the same error that I use this suggestion for, but I believe it will work. I would say backup, but this is a server. Not sure if the saves for the server are in the same folder, but if you go into your saves folder there is an NEI folder. Open it up and follow it down to the last folder in it. Now delete the NEI.dat file found there. If that does not work try opening the folder with the same IP name as your friends server and follow the directions for deleting the NEI.dat from above.

Here is the guide for fixing the @Mod.XyCraft problem. Its solution is the same one I'm suggesting you try. As the problem is the same as @Mod.XyCraft problem. And it appears to be the NEI search bar.
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...View/44/2/modxycraft-crashes-is-fixed-for-15x

Edit: For logs we suggest pasting them to pastebin and linking them here.

Tyrant

Jul 29, 2019
It worked, all I had to do was go into the %appdata% folder, search for nei.dat, and delete all the entries, and I was able to log back on without a problem. Thanks a bunch, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.