removing mods from infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
It has to be something with your computer or its configuration. Many of the packs I play run north of 150 mods, and none ever take more than 2 minutes to load. Infinity loads just fine for me, even with a few extra mods thrown in.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Well you have chosen a rather large pack in a version that in notorious for being resource intensive. If your PC is not perhaps top of the line you might want to choose a lighter pack or go down a MC version or two. You can have a lot of fun with the 1.6 packs(yes it is older versions of mods but you performance is quite a bit better).

If you insist on running large 1.7 packs you should make sure to run them off a SATA3 SSD IMO.

SSD isn't essential if your computer is properly tuned and you aren't an impatient gamer... :D

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
SSD isn't essential if your computer is properly tuned and you aren't an impatient gamer... :D
No but topic was about long load times. And you will also feel a dramatic impact on your performance in-game if you are playing in singleplayer and travelling around/dimension jumping/etc.

Balekin

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack is fine, turns out none of the resource packs work though. I can get basic sphax to work, but adding the Infinity patch throws the game into fits. It might be my computer, or it might be some conflict between the mod pack and the resource pack.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I was doing the same thing as OP and have run into some problems.
So the mods I removed are:
  • AdvancedSolarPanel-1.7.10-3.5.1 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • AgriCraft-1.7.10-1.3.1 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • binnie-mods-2.0-pre8 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • Decocraft-v1.12b_1.7.10 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • forestry_1.7.10-3.4.0.7 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • gendustry-mc1710-1.4.8.hotfix1 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • GraviSuite-1.7.10-2.0.3 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • IC2NuclearControl-2.1.2a (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • industrialcraft-2-2.2.695-experimental (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • logisticspipes-0.8.3.113 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • Opis-1.2.3_1.7.10 (FTB Infinity 1.7 [Disabled Mods])
  • Pam's HarvestCraft 1.7.10g (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • rftools-2.71 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • Springboards-1.7.10-0.1 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • Translocator-1.7.10-1.1.1.14-universal (FTB Infinity 1.7)
  • witchery-1.7.10-0.23.2 (FTB Infinity 1.7)
When I launched FTB Infinity, it said the issue was that Forestry could not be found (I thought I removed everything Forestry dependent i.e gendustry, binnie mods), so I think the problem is there is a Forestry dependent mod that I may have missed.

The exact error message was:
Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation
The mods and versions listed below could not be found
Forestry : minimum version required is 3.11.4
The file 'ForgeModLoader-client-0.log' contains more information

I also don't know where that log is ^
you missed a bee mod by looks of it its magic bees

Telsion

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Solars, Gravitation Suite, and Nuclear Control are all addons to IC2 and need it to run.

When you remove Thaumcraft, you also need to remove Thaumic Tinkerer

Logistic pipes is Buildcraft dependent.

Open peripherals is Computer craft dependent.

Binnies mods are dependent on Forestry

@Moasseman Buildcraft and Railcraft are stand alone these days and don't need each other to run.
I have to say, Thaumic Tinkerer (if I remember right) is something that will screw your world. ALWAYS REMOVE THIS MOD! A certain Dutch MC-channel did have some issues with it. take this advise and use it to your own way ;-)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I have to say, Thaumic Tinkerer (if I remember right) is something that will screw your world. ALWAYS REMOVE THIS MOD! A certain Dutch MC-channel did have some issues with it. take this advise and use it to your own way ;-)

I've used it since it was released and have never had issues. Besides, at this point in time, the OP has probably got the pack setup the way they want.