Remember that boring old nether?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
NO LONGER!

How epic does that nether look? mDiyo did such an amazing job making the Nether a nice place to be (even though it's still dangerous as fuck)

Ars magica structures now spawn in the nether too, and they look great!

I must agree the nether now is awesome but dangerous as hell, but never boring.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
yc91AOFl.jpg

I can probably reasonably guess that's Tinker's Construct, but the Pick made me think of the old Lavender Dust Mod first.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer my nice longsword. Ignoring the modifications, it is a paper rod and guard, and a purple blade.

Pale shaft... purple head... Yeah.

I called it the "Pale Lance of Eden." =3

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I do enjoy watching his forges
However I agree, his general "lets play" has become very boring. Especially with his The End "UFO"

Sadly, I agree. Particularly the UFO thing. I realize it was just a 'for fun' build, but all I kept thinking was "hey, look at all that RP2 stuff, wonder if we'll ever get to use any of it again?" That said, I appreciated him going over breeder reactors =)

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
The big problem is that Dartcraft and TConstruct both have macerate/smelting methods that automatically avoid aggro-ing pigmen. Hopefully powercrystals will fix that at some point, because once you know that hand-mining in the nether is also very profitable.
As of a somewhat recent NO version, mining Nether ores with a Silk Touch pick prevents them from exploding. Pigs still get angry, though... and I just realized you didn't say anything about explosions. Oops.
Anyway, ranged mining (as in IC2's mining Laser/TC3's Wand fo Excavation) also seem to avoid both explosions and angry pigs. No idea if that's intended, but I like the idea of needing more than just a pick to be able to (safely) mine in the Nether.

By the way, that BoP I mentioned is out.
And its Nether biomes are completely incompatible with Natura :( they don't generate at all if you have that installed.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
As of a somewhat recent NO version, mining Nether ores with a Silk Touch pick prevents them from exploding. Pigs still get angry, though... and I just realized you didn't say anything about explosions. Oops.
Anyway, ranged mining (as in IC2's mining Laser/TC3's Wand fo Excavation) also seem to avoid both explosions and angry pigs. No idea if that's intended, but I like the idea of needing more than just a pick to be able to (safely) mine in the Nether.

By the way, that BoP I mentioned is out.
And its Nether biomes are completely incompatible with Natura :( they don't generate at all if you have that installed.
I hope they sort compability out... Both mods are amazing

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, out of pure content, the BoP Nether would be disabled, to allow Natura to generate.

Blu_Haze

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I dunno why FTB ultimate doesn't do this. There really isn't any downside to adding in Nether Ores.

Huh?

Ultimate has Nether Ores, and has for a little while now.

Also the nether world gen from Natura is a little bit much for my tastes. It's good to give people a reason to go there, definitely, but the massive amount of contrasting colors looks to me like someone got sick and vomited all over the nether.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Huh?

Oh? Last time I tried it, it didn't. Well that's a good start.

Also the nether world gen from Natura is a little bit much for my tastes. It's good to give people a reason to go there, definitely, but the massive amount of contrasting colors looks to me like someone got sick and vomited all over the nether.

Hell is not supposed to be pleasant.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Blu_Haze

Jul 29, 2019
Oh? Last time I tried it, it didn't. Well that's a good start.

Yeah, I kind of hope they end up adding Natura and Tinkers by 1.6. I've been wanting some different styled doors for quite some time now. Even though I think that some of the world gen is a bit much in Natura (like the huge redwood trees every couple chunks), I still think it could be a nice addition if scaled down just a bit.

Hell is not supposed to be pleasant.

Quite right, but bright contrasting colors every 5 feet doesn't quite portray "scary" to me lol. As I said earlier I get the impression more that a rainbow vomited on the place. I guess my main complaint isn't so much what is being added, it's just the quantity of it. Then again I'll admit that I haven't experienced much of it first hand yet since I just recently started a new world, so I'll have to reserve judgement until I get the chance to see all of it for myself.

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
I like my nether nice and desolate thank you very much. Although, nether biomes for variations of desolate would be nice.

Reactions: Whovian

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I kind of hope they end up adding Natura and Tinkers by 1.6. I've been wanting some different styled doors for quite some time now. Even though I think that some of the world gen is a bit much in Natura (like the huge redwood trees every couple chunks), I still think it could be a nice addition if scaled down just a bit.

Both are in the 1.5.2 beta packs so I don't doubt we'll see them in 1.6. As for the redwood trees they do seem limited to specific biome types (could just be a config) and while too many of them could be seen as a bad thing, I personally worship our massive tree overlords.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
what i hate about natura/tinkers is the surface gravel imo it ruins the landscape completely seeing gravel in random trees. i also think ore bushes are a bit op, luckily you can disable both in the configs

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Huh?

I don't see that as a major issue, as changing the textures is pretty easy. I know myself I'd want to adjust all the plant life to a red colour scheme

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
what i hate about natura/tinkers is the surface gravel imo it ruins the landscape completely seeing gravel in random trees. i also think ore bushes are a bit op, luckily you can disable both in the configs
The thing about ore bushes is that they a) take a long time to grow, and b) only give a nugget when processed.

Unless you were to wait for the imminent CC peripheral to come for it, they can only be manually mined, and you would need ~100 gold ore berry bushes for it to be worth it.

Did I mention they take a long time to grow?