Reliquary reagents

B

Barsik_The_CaT

So, all those nefty things from Reliquary require some mob drop. Those said mob drops have a 10% chace of being dropped and require the mob to be killed my a player.
So, uh, how much of a player is actually necessary for the kill to be a player kill? Do I really have to go hunting a ton of mobs to craft anything? Can it be automated?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Now this is an interesting question. In theory, certain things such as Diamond Spikes (Extra Utilities 1/2), or the Lens of the Killer with the Atomic Reconstructor (Actually Additions; that might only be in the 1.11 version, rather than the 1.10) are supposed to kill mobs and cause player-only loot to drop. Assuming those work, then it becomes a matter of setting up a mob farm capable of spawning the mobs you want to get the rare drops from.

What version or modpack are you playing?

B

Barsik_The_CaT

Now this is an interesting question. In theory, certain things such as Diamond Spikes (Extra Utilities 1/2), or the Lens of the Killer with the Atomic Reconstructor (Actually Additions; that might only be in the 1.11 version, rather than the 1.10) are supposed to kill mobs and cause player-only loot to drop. Assuming those work, then it becomes a matter of setting up a mob farm capable of spawning the mobs you want to get the rare drops from.

What version or modpack are you playing?
It is FTB Beyond.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It is FTB Beyond.
Ah I see! That makes things simpler :)

In that case, a single diamond spike would be your friend. Dark Utilities has some vector plates that can help move mobs into a single block space for maximum killage; then it comes down to the spawning of mobs. Draconic Evolution has its stabilised mob spawners, EnderIO has its spawners, or there's the good old Cursed Earth from ExtraUtils2 if you're not too fussy. As far as I'm aware, creepers don't blow up when damaged by spikes, but it might be worth having the mobs drop to knock their health down low before they get pushed into the spike. Some sort of ranged collector to pick up drops, and an experience obelisk (EnderIO) or experience solidifier (Actually Additions) for the XP, and you're sorted.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you're not picky about what mobs you want killed, and have a nice dark area, EnderIO has the Relocator Obelisk, I think it's called that will teleport mobs to it, and let you deal with them like that. With a high tier capacitor it's got a huge range. Pair it with the Interdictor that stops endermen teleportation and they can be drop killed, or placed on spikes. It's also a lot more power efficient than the powered spawners unless you want something specific.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame