Release: Towny and Grief Prevention Protection Config

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
For FTB Ultimate - Forgot to say that...
I titled this a release as I don't really know how to title it :p Not technically a release, but I'm just giving away this data since some people don't want to take the time I did in putting them in our configs for Everfree.

Before I give you the configs I want to let you know that in Grief Prevention, regardless if the block is listed as protected or not, users can interact with items such as GT Machines, and even IC2 Machines. Just as well barrels can still be left clicked and items can be removed. This is perhaps a bug with GP or it's interaction with MCPC+ idk...

Towny will, however, not allow users to interact with barrels or blocks, at least to our testing.

Just FYI, I'm not going to provide 'support' for this, it's basic config knowledge. With that being said, these are not 'complete' configs, you'll have to do that yourself. These are only to protect blocks from grief. The rest is up to you.

I'll be glad to check back daily and answer intelligently detailed questions.

GP Config:
http://pastebin.com/2ZKZ77i2

Towny Config:
http://pastebin.com/XWzcuyXF

Reactions: pirita

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
@Baron:
Yes you get towny from there. At least that's where I downloaded it from.

@Pirita:
You're welcome ^.^

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
No I don't, we haven't used Mindcrack for some time. I swear I seen one for GP for Mindcrack somewhere on the forums tho.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it does, but of course it's also dependent on the perms of the town or plot and how they're set with the /town set perm (or however it was) command. By default outsiders, those who aren't in the town, can't do anything anyhow. So by default, the config will protect the town.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Works perfect for our server. Something must have mucked up the formatting on your end. We've been using it for months.

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Would this work for stuff like Mining Laser and Wand of Excavation or is it just for blocks that can be placed?