regrowth! Hunt for the mighty pasture seed!!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
oh wow, sorry for the misunderstanding. As i said, it's been a while since I last played.

Is it still true though that you can only gain stats from seeds of the same type? That is, you can't pass on stats through mutation.

fight4anarchy

Jul 29, 2019
I did ...

OXO
XCX
OXO

O is empty
X is a seed and should be fully matured before placing the double-crop sticks below
C is the target (ie double cropsticks here)

When the new seed grows, replace the worst of the original four, bonemeal it to mature and go again. It's probably not the most efficient, but it's quicker than only using two parent seeds.
okay cool I've only been using two seeds and ill definitely try it with the four! thanks man!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Direwolf20 is currently playing (and YTing) a Regrowth series... This is his method:

Note: This is just to upgrade seeds to 10/10/10.

Since weeds are disabled in the pack, you can improve your stock from a single seed. Start with 1 seed and set a row of double crop sticks off to one side. Using more sides gets more (lower value) seeds but in my opinion wastes 1 crop stick per block. If you want you can make right angle turns to extend the length of the row, depending on your irrigation system. I use a 9x9 plot of the appropriate growing media with 1 water in dead center to irrigate the entire patch, running the following pattern:

Code:
[S] = Starting seed
[*] = Crop stick pair
[W] = water
[ ] = Space

[S][ ][S][ ][S][ ][S][ ][S]
[*][ ][*][ ][*][ ][*][ ][*]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][W][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][*][ ][*][ ][*][ ][*][ ]
[ ][*][ ][*][ ][*][ ][*][ ]
[ ][*][ ][*]{ ][*][ ][*][ ]
[ ][S][ ][S][ ][S][ ][S][ ]

This allows for 9 different seeds to progress simultaneously,

When the plants appear in the position closest to the water I pull and analyze them. If they are 10/10/10 I check the others and transplant the final seeds to their permanent area. If they aren't quite ready I remove all the plants and plant the new seed where the original started and run the process again.

Any non-optimal seeds are discarded except for wheat seeds, which are used in Botannia. I also like to generate and keep a stack of the optimal seeds in case I want to expand a crop.

I keep a smaller area for crossbreeding.

Last edited:
Reactions: fight4anarchy

fight4anarchy

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely trying that one thanks man. Loving the help you lads give out! Awesome stuff!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using garden soil, it doesn't require water.

All magical crops need garden soil anyway, and it's not that hard to make. Once you have a couple of food crops, you can make compost very easily.

fight4anarchy

Jul 29, 2019
And can I also add instead of using left over wheat seeds start a pumpkin patch. Those seeds work in botania too for all flower recipes and the like get em to 10.10.10 then each pumpkin gives 4 seeds and bam. You aint running out no time soon!!!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
And can I also add instead of using left over wheat seeds start a pumpkin patch. Those seeds work in botania too for all flower recipes and the like get em to 10.10.10 then each pumpkin gives 4 seeds and bam. You aint running out no time soon!!!

I did not know that... It's the compost bin for my wheat seeds now since they mostly don't stack and pumpkins always produce 1/1/1 seeds. :D Btw, I just crossbred a potato and carrot plant using 10/10/10 seeds and the resulting pumpkin seed was indeed 5/5/5... A headstart to optimal pumpkin seeds!

fight4anarchy

Jul 29, 2019
I did not know that... It's the compost bin for my wheat seeds now since they mostly don't stack and pumpkins always produce 1/1/1 seeds. :D Btw, I just crossbred a potato and carrot plant using 10/10/10 seeds and the resulting pumpkin seed was indeed 5/5/5... A headstart to optimal pumpkin seeds!
Yeah i did it as a complete mistake grabbed the wrong seeds the other day realized just as i was throwing them in the apothecary they were pumpkin seeds. Thought it was a bug but googled abit and it seems legit!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk