Open Refined Storage autocrafting unreliable

A

Adversarius

Summary of the problem Refined Storage autocrafting unreliable

Pack Version 3.0.0

What is the bug? I have some crafting recipes for Refined Storage that just stopped working. I could identify the problem for Obisidan Chests, with Obsidian and Diamond Chest already available. And for the Wood Casing, also all items available. The crafter just won't do anything: http://i.imgur.com/5nZyROD.png

Recreating the pattern or using a different crafter doesn't solve the problem. I used the "Oredict" option. Creating the pattern without this option seems to work then. But at some point the oredict-patterns worked for me. I am not sure if it's because the update to 3.0.4 or from extending my RS network.

But things like Solar Panel Controller Tier 4 also won't process the whole chain now. And debugging this is sadly a bit harder.

Mod & Version SF 3.0.4

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? For my existing RS system its repeatable like described above. But (sadly) not with a new and simple RS setup.

Known Fix

A

Adversarius

Okay, after a long time of debugging my RS system, I could finally reproduce it:

Connect a Storage Drawer with the External Storage from RS. Put Oak Wood (or Obsidian) into the drawer. Make a Oredict recipe for Wood Casing (or Obsidian Chest) and put them into a connected RS Crafter. Have all other items like Planks and Sticks(Diamond Chest) stored in a (for example) RS Storage Block. Everything looks fine, but when autocrafting the Wood Casing, nothing will happen.

If you replace the Drawer with a normal chest it will work. If you put the wood into the RS Storage it will work. If you disable the Oredict option for the recipe it will work.

I am sure there are many other setups and items that will lead to the same problems. But I am done for now with testing...

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Recipes that do not need oredictionary need to be disabled. They are not reliable when autocrafting, even if they aren't oredictionaried items.

A

Adversarius

Are there even any recipes that "need" the oredict?
Crafting wood casings with different types of wood if I run out of oak would be nice, and I guess thats the exact use for it.
But I will then just switch to non-oredict recipes, I am just curious.