Request Redstone Flux: Have it. Now what??

Alex Gerbinno

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I have 60 magmatic dynamos running simultaneously 24/7 on a server being powered by lava in the nether being sucked up by 4 pumps. I make about 2000RF/tick, but right now it's only powering my basic machines and ME system, only using about 100/tick at the very maximum. I've heard of the Flux-Infused stuff and simply jetpacks but I'm not sure what else to power with it. I have a storage of 75M. Don't have the power armor mod. I can convert it to other powers, BTW. Even if I made nanosuit armor and a mining drill and blah blah blah it still wouldn't even be near enough to challenge my supply. So what high energy usage, high reward output machines should I make?

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
2000RF/t is not enough to run a laser drill at full power. You need about 10 times that if memory serves. At full power, you'll get 1 random ore every 10 seconds or so. Pretty good reward.

Reactions: PierceSG

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
2000RF/t is not enough to run a laser drill at full power. You need about 10 times that if memory serves. At full power, you'll get 1 random ore every 10 seconds or so. Pretty good reward.

precisely, try powering a minefactory laser with your power setup and you'll soon find out that 2k RF/tick isn't much

Alex Gerbinno

Jul 29, 2019
OK. Anything else other than the laser? I will definitely look into that. Thank you! So so far I've got armor, tools, and basic machines. Now were gonna add the laser. What else? Thanks.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The laser is the single largest consumer of RF power that I'm aware of. It's possible to build systems that can utilize more, of course, but very little is in the same ballpark.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I have 60 magmatic dynamos running simultaneously 24/7 on a server being powered by lava in the nether being sucked up by 4 pumps. I make about 2000RF/tick

You can upgrade dynamos and then you would need only 15 to get the same amount of power. If you upgrade pulverizer 800 RF/t or Redstone Furnace 400 RF/t you power capacity does not look so impressive any longer. If you run Ender quarry 2000 RF/t is nothing.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Awww what?
he's kidding look at the other recipes, NEI is a bit bugged with that type of recipe though, it's usually taking an existing machine and using it in a craftin recipe with higher tier materials

after that look in the tabs on the side after you put them down augments go there

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO spawners with the top capacitor upgrade can use up to 15k RF/t. I prefer them over MFR spawners because you don't have to get mob essence, just power. An Ender quarry with the Fortune 3 and max speed upgrade can use more than the MFR mining laser I think. If you start running mob spawners/grinders, farms, fully upgraded machines( Ender IO or Thermal Expansion), a large Applied Energistics network, and quarries, it is quite easy have peak usage break 50k RF/t.

For the upgrades on the dynamos, the max power you can get is 640 RF/t from one. But since you already have so many made, I would suggest upgrading them to 320 RF/t and then filling the last spots with the efficiency upgrades to cut down on the lava consumption a little.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
That's right. I had forgotten about the upgraded machines. An upgraded magma crucible is something like 8k RF/t. The number's pretty stupid high, but you kind ignore it when it looks like a rounding error in your power gen. :)

Alex Gerbinno

Jul 29, 2019
Woah. Thanks guys. Just a couple more questions while I have you,
Do augmentations stack?
Can the Power Converters mod change RF to EU? If so, How?