Redstone Energy Conduits limits

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Poupouc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!

I have read a lot of threads wikis and tutorials before asking my first question on this forum, I hope it has not already been answered, if it has I'll just go -> [] ^^

What is the limit input / output / throughput of a redstone energy conduit in ftb monster ? I've read that throughput is unlimited and that input/output is limited to 10k rf/t. According to my tests, throughput is unlimited and so is input/output.

Let me show you my setup :

I generate steam with a fission reactorcraft nuclear reactor :

2014-05-21_23.52.39.jpg

This steam is distributed to 8 rotarycraft turbines :

2014-05-21_23.53.30.jpg

For now, I have only worked on one of the turbine. Its power is distributed using shafts and bevels to 20 rotational dynamos :

2014-05-21_23.54.06.jpg

These generate in my example around 2k rf/t each (my nuclear reactor is not running at its full potential, max should be around 11k rf/t each), so for now the total output is 24k rf/t. This power is sent to tesseracts that share the same frequency :

2014-05-21_23.54.27.jpg

I have then tested the outputed energy on this frequency with the following setup (only the part with the two power converters nodes are connected, sorry for the mess btw I play in survival) :

2014-05-21_23.55.27.jpg

Each node loads a MFSU with the following rates :

2014-05-21_23.55.35.jpg

That is 10k rf/t per node, having two nodes the output of my tesseract is thus 20k rf/t with a single redstone energy conduit connection.

I could build more nodes like this to find out the limit myself but if there is none it could take me a while ;-)

Does anyone out there has the correct answer ?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The input and output of each conduit is listed on them (I believe you hit shift to show it). This is a per connection limit. Other than that, conduits carry an unlimited amount of power.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Like Padfoote said, the conduits are only limited at the connection to 10k rf/t. Tesseracts have no limits. The max you could input/output from a single tesseract with redstone conduits is 60k rf/t with a connection on each face. You could have multiple tesseracts with 6 connections feeding a single line of conduits and they would transport it all with no issue.

Reactions: Padfoote

Poupouc

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Padfoote and DriftinFool for your quick replies.

In my setup this single connection is able to output 20k rf/t by itself. I must have missed something then.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
If you are looking for ways to transfer more than 10k Rf/tick, I'd use extra utilities (or is it openblocks), or ender io. Both have ways to go above that 10k limit the redstone conduits give.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I think the original poster is testing/showing that the conduit connection limit is not applying to the tesseract output. So it is tesseract output into single conduit -> cable -> input 10k into each power converter.

This is probably working as intended, but not documented/clear on the wiki's. From the wiki you would expect a 10k limit from the single output on the tesseract.

That used to be how fluiducts worked and is probably still true. You could dump a bunch of steam from railcraft boilers into a single frequency and then output all the steam through one output tesseract -> single fluiduct connection -> line of fluiducts connected to steam engines.

Edit:
Did some tests with ender IO highest level energy conduit ~20k per connection. Could receive up to 50k per side of the tesseract.

So Pou you should extend your test and see if you hit a 50k per side limit.

Last edited:

Poupouc

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah according to my test above, the output from this tesseract seems to not be limited to 10k rf/t as I was able to extract 20k rf/t.

These seem to have a special status as my multimeter is not able to read from that output (I read 0 rf/t inputed (yeah inputed even though it's an output))

Peppe I'll build more nodes like these tomorrow to check if there is an actual limit or not.

Thanks AE for enabling me to build as much of this stuff without taking too much time ;-)

And thanks QuarryPlus for the quasi "infinite" raw material