RedPower2 pre6 crash?

DJ3

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft has crashed!
----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game

A full error report has been saved to C:\Documents and Settings\Friend\Desktop\instances\Minecraft-\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-12-21_11.18.44-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT dcc2d580 --------
Full report at:
C:\Documents and Settings\Friend\Desktop\instances\Minecraft-\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-12-21_11.18.44-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 12/21/12 11:18 AM

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.6
Operating System: Windows XP (x86) version 5.1
Java Version: 1.6.0_31, Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
Memory: 374533840 bytes (357 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v7.25 FML v4.6.0.502 Minecraft Forge 6.5.0.451 Optifine OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_A2 15 mods loaded, 15 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
mod_CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
mod_NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
mod_ReiMinimap [mod_ReiMinimap] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
RedPowerCore [RedPower] (RedPowerCore-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Errored
RedPowerBase [RP Base] (RedPowerCore-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
RedPowerMachine [RP Machine] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
RedPowerCompat [RP Compat] (RedPowerCompat-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
RedPowerWiring [RP Wiring] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
RedPowerLogic [RP Logic] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
RedPowerLighting [RP Lighting] (RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
RedPowerWorld [RP World] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
RedPowerControl [RP Control] (RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 4350 GL version 2.1.8304 Release, ATI Technologies Inc.
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method ef.a(IZZLjava/lang/Class;)V from class com.eloraam.redpower.RedPowerCore
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:117)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:657)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:207)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:456)
at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:744)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method ef.a(IZZLjava/lang/Class;)V from class com.eloraam.redpower.RedPowerCore
at com.eloraam.redpower.RedPowerCore.load(RedPowerCore.java:46)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:476)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:140)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:83)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:656)
... 5 more
--- END ERROR REPORT 35cb1dac ----------

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest putting the Forge error log up on pastebin and linking that, as it'll likely give more detail on what went wrong than the mojang one will.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
That problem arise when you try RedPower on 1.4.5.
I can confirm that , since i've tried too, out of curiosity.

FailureOne

Jul 29, 2019
i am getting an error which only seems to fix itself if i delete the RP2 config each time i start up

http://pastebin.com/rEQp5BRT

i have done as some people have suggested as it was initialy a RP2 and factorisation problem but it now seems to be a purely RP2 problem as my game runs with no errors without RP2

edit: for clarification the suggested fix was to change id's of factorisation, i have done that
edit2: after alot of testing overnight it seems that RP2 doesn not like either Factorization OR Enderstorage

Ninetailed

Jul 29, 2019
i am getting an error which only seems to fix itself if i delete the RP2 config each time i start up

http://pastebin.com/rEQp5BRT

i have done as some people have suggested as it was initialy a RP2 and factorisation problem but it now seems to be a purely RP2 problem as my game runs with no errors without RP2

edit: for clarification the suggested fix was to change id's of factorisation, i have done that
edit2: after alot of testing overnight it seems that RP2 doesn not like either Factorization OR Enderstorage

I'm running into a similar problem. Whatever the problem is, it seems to be messing up RedPower's autoassign algorithm such that it assigns the same ID to a whole load of different items.

See my redpower.cfg here: http://pastebin.com/2jBaiyDj

Note that a couple of dozen items have been assigned to ID 768. See also your own log with lists several RuntimeExceptions stating that there are duplicate assignments on ID 768. I'm not sure what's making it do this, but the solution would appear to be to manually assign different IDs to all the duplicated entries. I haven't tried that yet, so this is just speculation.

RivingtonDown

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running into a similar problem. Whatever the problem is, it seems to be messing up RedPower's autoassign algorithm such that it assigns the same ID to a whole load of different items.

See my redpower.cfg here: http://pastebin.com/2jBaiyDj

Note that a couple of dozen items have been assigned to ID 768. See also your own log with lists several RuntimeExceptions stating that there are duplicate assignments on ID 768. I'm not sure what's making it do this, but the solution would appear to be to manually assign different IDs to all the duplicated entries. I haven't tried that yet, so this is just speculation.
Yeah, I had to do that... it worked for me.

After it generated go in and manually change all the block ids from 768 (just changed them to 769-815 or so)

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what's making it do this, but the solution would appear to be to manually assign different IDs to all the duplicated entries. I haven't tried that yet, so this is just speculation.

After it generated go in and manually change all the block ids from 768 (just changed them to 769-815 or so)

I wouldn't do that, personally. What I did to fix this problem was run MC with just Redpower so it generates a config file. Then run MC with just factorization so it generates a config file. Go to the factorization config and change all the 9xxx item IDs to 7xxx and the 4xxx block IDs to 3xxx.

Then put all the mods together, and copy the config files from the instance of just redpower and the instance of just factorization and put them in your new config folder.

That way you'll have the default redpower IDs and you've only changed the IDs of one mod. So far, that's worked perfectly for me.

(Enderstorage and ChickenChunks block IDs need to be changed if added with redpower too. [3700, 3701])

You can, of course, change redpowers IDs, but if you changed factorizations too then you've got a bunch of mods messed with. This way you only have one (or two, or three, depending on what mods you have).

RivingtonDown

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was integrating Redpower into a current world. I printed out my IDs from NEI and just fit the Redpower config to the ranges that were available (I had 180s available for world gen, some mid 4000s for other blocks, etc). Then I opened my world in MCEdit and pruned the overworld chunks like crazy down to the main base and area we already strip mined. All seems to be working alright. I creative mode - sticky dynamited through the underground and found all the ores.

The only issue is I disabled the world gen for RP Tin, Silver, and Copper yet those were still popping up. For some reason changing them to 0 didn't work.

Jenkin475

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was integrating Redpower into a current world. I printed out my IDs from NEI and just fit the Redpower config to the ranges that were available (I had 180s available for world gen, some mid 4000s for other blocks, etc). Then I opened my world in MCEdit and pruned the overworld chunks like crazy down to the main base and area we already strip mined. All seems to be working alright. I creative mode - sticky dynamited through the underground and found all the ores.

The only issue is I disabled the world gen for RP Tin, Silver, and Copper yet those were still popping up. For some reason changing them to 0 didn't work.
Try changing them to 0 again and mark the config as read-only

RivingtonDown

Jul 29, 2019
Try changing them to 0 again and mark the config as read-only
It's not like the config file is reverting back after I launch the game, it stays on 0 but it just doesn't seem like it working.

I'll try it though. Still waiting for Mystcraft to update before I truly switch my world over.

graydaze

Jul 29, 2019
f
I too have this problem, seems wind turbines (but not the mills) cause some sort of error.

I have a map that has been FUBAR'd due to this anyone have a work around?
fortunately that map was just a test world, i never found the solution to the problem though. I guess your best bet if you wish to save that map is to MCedit the wind turbine out.