redpower void piping

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whatshisface9

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have a quarry setup and I have been introduced to a problem that I cannot figure out. I am using pneumatic tubes to sort my items into barrels, but I am getting way way way way too much cobblestone. I already have plenty of scrap for my matter fabricator, and I cannot find out how to sort the cobblestone out so I can void pipe it. I dont want to use buildcraft pipes straight from my ender chest, then diamond pipe it because items are coming in too fast for them. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have a quarry setup and I have been introduced to a problem that I cannot figure out.

A transposer into a lava block will do the same thing as a void pipe, in that the transposer deletes the item instead of actually outputting it into the lava block, to save on lag/etc. Good luck!

whatshisface9

Jul 29, 2019
A transposer into a lava block will do the same thing as a void pipe, in that the transposer deletes the item instead of actually outputting it into the lava block, to save on lag/etc. Good luck!
How do I sort the cobblestone out, though?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
How do I sort the cobblestone out, though?

Put a filter with a single piece of cobblestone inside of it branching off of your main RP2 tube line. It does not need to be powered, as filters will allow things to pass through passively (without a redstone current).

silenos

Jul 29, 2019

If you're playing on Ultimate you can also use an incinerator, saves some space.

whatshisface9

Jul 29, 2019
Put a filter with a single piece of cobblestone inside of it branching off of your main RP2 tube line. It does not need to be powered, as filters will allow things to pass through passively (without a redstone current).
Thanks a lot for the help.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to consider a diamond pipe + void pipe right at the quarry. Very straigtforward and less chance of your system getting clogged up (and spewing entities everywhere). We more or less make it mandatory on our server.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to consider a diamond pipe + void pipe right at the quarry. Very straigtforward and less chance of your system getting clogged up (and spewing entities everywhere). We more or less make it mandatory on our server.

Assuming the system is similar to as follows:

Quarry -> Tube -> Filter that branches off from the tube (not inline) with one piece of cobblestone in the inventory -> Lava block

There should be no chance of backing up the system at all as the filter will accept all cobblestone without fail (having tested a similar system, except instead of lava, I used barrels).

Also, RP2 tubes don't "spew", but instead get clogged. There are pros and cons to both systems, as I'm sure the zealots of both sides will expound if they get wind of this.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Also, RP2 tubes don't "spew", but instead get clogged. There are pros and cons to both systems, as I'm sure the zealots of both sides will expound if they get wind of this.

Each mods has it's merits. Unfortunately RP2 seems to be a bit 'dead in the water' again while there are some pretty major issues left to fix.

Reactions: Dravarden

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Quarry-> tube doesn't work. It would be Quarry -> Relay -> Tube.

Transposer will not work, put a filter down with the small spot facing a sourceblock of lava. Inside the filter put cobble/dirt/gravel/anything else you really don't want.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming the system is similar to as follows:
Quarry -> Tube -> Filter that branches off from the tube (not inline) with one piece of cobblestone in the inventory -> Lava block
But I think the OP is doing this...

Quarry >> Enderchest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enderchest >> Tube system

And wasn't Hydra suggesting this?

Quarry >> Diamond Pipe
_____ (split 1) > Void Pipe
_____ (split 2) > Enderchest >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enderchest >> Tubes

Which works super duper.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

Quarry >> Enderchest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enderchest >> Tube system

In which case the first "tube" on my system is the "ender chest -> ender chest -> tube".

Quarry >> Diamond Pipe

Which works super duper.

Indeed, it does work very well, but it is more expensive, and will do the exact same thing as my suggestion, without needing to move a diamond pipe and void pipe, as well as set up a diamond pipe every time you move your quarry.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019

Quarry >> Diamond Pipe

Which works super duper.
Well, what if the Sorting System gets clogged? Then the Diamond Pipe would start throwing up.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah man, I used to thinks so as well, told everyone it's like that too.

Turns out that's false, my coin of fortune told me so.

Myth busted I guess.

Works well enough though. So you might as well use that. I'm a bit peeved about the falseness of the info though. I wish greg or xy added a void block.

Reactions: Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah man, I used to thinks so as well, told everyone it's like that too.

Turns out that's false, my coin of fortune told me so.

Myth busted I guess.

Works well enough though. So you might as well use that. I'm a bit peeved about the falseness of the info though. I wish greg or xy added a void block.

Really? Man, that's cruel! Ok then, better to with nuking it from orbit.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Man, that's cruel! Ok then, better to with nuking it from orbit.
Yeah man, I build a trashbin next to my wither spawners for stuff I wanted to get rid off without the items going back thanks to the coin. Relay -> lava. I kept tossing stuff in, but my inventory was as full as ever. Most annoying revelation ever.

Speaking of the coin of fortune, it is seriously good, slightly op even, you can mine stuff from the bottom of a lava lake without problems.