Redpower successor?

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but it would be very nice if she said something, all she has to do is get in contact with ftb and say what's up.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yes but it would be very nice if she said something, all she has to do is get in contact with ftb and say what's up.
It would also be very nice if you stopped trying to interpret your opinions as factual data, and if you would stop assuming that anyone owed you anything.

If you don't like her service, demand a full refund. I'm sure you will get all the money you have paid for RP2 back instantly.

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
It would also be very nice if you stopped trying to interpret your opinions as factual data, and if you would stop assuming that anyone owed you anything.

If you don't like her service, demand a full refund. I'm sure you will get all the money you have paid for RP2 back instantly.
I haven't interpreted any of my opinions as factual data, I am simply writing my opinion, and since when have I said anyone owed me anything, I havent even said anything to imply that, all I've said is that it would be nice if Eloraam would throw us a bone on what's happening and that she's left us hanging.

I also love redpower that is why I am so worried on whether or not its going to be updated. I love what Eloraam does, it would be nice to know what's happening. Also why are you so angry, this is about the future of redpower, not anything else, and I am not being ignorant (as said before) I just want to know what's happening with redpower.

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam doesn't owe me anything, I just want to know what's happening with redpower, and I think I'm speaking for almost all of ftb when I say that.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Wow not even a week after the GT debacle and we have somehow managed to start a RP2 flame war. Give Eloram space to do her own thing. If she updates RP2 for 1.6 I'll be happy about it. If not I'll just move on and wish her well for the work she has done.

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
Also why are you so angry, this is about the future of redpower, not anything else, and I am not being ignorant

He's being, shall we say 'testy', because everything you've said so far has been done to death in every single Redpower thread ever. You are indeed being ignorant, if of nothing else, then of the many, many debates which have gone before (and which you can find scattered around the forum if you look), and of the scope of updating something like Redpower.

You are also being more than a little disrepectful, of modders in general and Eloraam in particular. And no, I don't meant to suggest she's some sort of god we should bow before, merely that some of the things coming out of you have no place in a civil discussion. Here is a 'best of' list for you:

everyone pretty much knows that Eloraam hasn't been working hard
--
Everyone thinks shes lying because she bides her time and all she has to do is port it to 1.5/1.6
--
I don't know if she is dumping rp2, or what, but she's leaving her mod users hanging
--
I haven't interpreted any of my opinions as factual data
--
I think I'm speaking for almost all of ftb

'Everyone' seems to know and think a lot of strange things according to you. How about you present some sources for that, or have you in fact interpreted your opinion as actual data? Go read the old threads please, there is nothing new to see here.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Eloraam doesn't owe me anything, I just want to know what's happening with redpower, and I think I'm speaking for almost all of ftb when I say that.
Read this sentence again. Here's what I'm reading:

"Eloraam doesn't owe me anything" immediately followed by a) arbitrary appeal to the masses when you don't have the authority to speak for said masses, and b) a demand that she acquiesces to your request.

You are assuming that she owes you an explanation when, in fact, she doesn't. You feel she is obligated to deliver communication on when her mod is going to be updated when, in fact, she has no such obligation.

You are doing nothing but copypasting the same tired old demands which have been going on since 1.3.0 came out. And you are getting the same response.

The medical definition of Insanity is: Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. You are coming perilously close to this.

Do you honestly believe that your posting your demand is going to somehow magically make Elorram suddenly start posting updates? Do you honestly believe that your post is going to make her mod come out any faster? If not, then why bother making it in the first place? If you actually believe this, then I'm not qualified to assist you, as I do not have a license to practice psychiatry.

You do not seem to be getting it. At this point, I'm not sure if you are simply incapable of getting it, or you are continuing to be willfully ignorant and stubbornly refuse to get it. Either way, the end result reflects poorly upon you.

tl;dr version: 1) you are not entitled to any updates from Elorram. 2) It will be released when it is released. 3) she does not have an obligation to give anyone else her code or ask anyone to assist her with her code regardless of her update schedule. 4) Copypasting the same tired old complaint does not make you seem intelligent, it makes you seem like a troll. If you ever wish to be taken seriously, do not continue copypasting tired old complaints.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I think we've crossed that threshold in this thread where people are talking past one another and it's getting heated.

Let's all agree to disagree and move along to more constructive discussions.

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
I said I want to know what's happening with redpower, not saying she owes an explanation, now you all tell me, do you want to know what's happening? And you all say that I am in too many redpower topics, the reason why I am is because redpower is one of my favorite mods, and I'm hoping if the ftb community pushes it far enough that Eloraam may see it and inform us what she's doing with it.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
You say you don't feel entitled to updates, but you want the FTB community to harass Eloraam into giving an update?

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
I am starting to realize that I've said some wrong things that weren't very mature and acted very inappropriately, I love the forums as of late, and I don't want to have problems with anyone in the forums, it's very easy/fun to be a part of the community and I would hate people holding grudges about the way I've acted. Honestly redpower has been way too important than it should be to me, and now when I think more correctly I realize it doesn't really matter and that I've been pushing this harder than I really should of. There are tons of mods that I can live with using instead of redpower, I've been very foolish and I apologize if I have been offensive or pushy, I haven't been thinking very open minded with this whole topic.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
No worries. It's hard when you love a mod/game/show/book so much and just want more of it, but just can't scratch that itch.

* cries over his copy of Master of Orion 2 *

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
I remember when I was a little boy and I had the black and white gameboy, I was on a plane when my pokemon cartridge fell out, my family and I couldn't find it anywhere, so I left the airplane feeling sick about losing my favorite game. Now that sucks...

connerity

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even care much about the logic gates and sorting/tubes, as they are easily replaced.

The things I would miss the most are the things that improve early game.
Tools made from gems.
The sickle.
The seed bag.

And redstone cable that is placable on walls/ceiling.

Resender

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest loss are the lamps,since their bright enough for where I live and prevent mob spawn,the magnus torch of extra utilities does indeed prevent mob spawns in a wide area but it also prevents villagers from breeding

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
If she updates RP2 for 1.6 I'll be happy about it. If not I'll just move on and wish her well for the work she has done.

Completely agreed. Eloraam has done enough for the modding community that she doesn't need to update. Her ideas encapsulated in RP2 are now being refined and re imagined in dozens of new mods. She was an important trailblazer who should be appreciated rather than hounded. The legacy has been passed on, let her rest.

Reactions: Henry Link

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
Tools made from gems.
The sickle.
The seed bag.
And redstone cable that is placable on walls/ceiling.
Tinker's Construct introduces all sorts of alternate tools and tool materials, including (I think) something specifically for harvesting leaves. Not sure about crops, though, and I do miss the seed bag and don't know of a replacement. Rednet cable from MFR is a decent replacement for red alloy wire though.

My biggest loss are the lamps,since their bright enough for where I live and prevent mob spawn,the magnus torch of extra utilities does indeed prevent mob spawns in a wide area but it also prevents villagers from breeding
Xycraft has coloured lamps that work exactly the same as RP2 ones. (Of course, that hasn't been updated yet either.) If you're just after light, wrath lamps are quite effective.

Resender

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft has coloured lamps that work exactly the same as RP2 ones. (Of course, that hasn't been updated yet either.) If you're just after light, wrath lamps are quite effective.

Wraith lamps are effective but there place in my build where they wouldn't fit in,I'm building a spacestation in the END.
So for the exterior lighting wraith lamps wouldn't work since they have gaps between blocks.
Interior lighting I'll prolly use them in the tree farm & villages since I need to prevent endemen from spawning

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019

Illuminators are decently bright and have assume redstone integration. Plus they can be colored once placed in the world.