Redpower Quarry

zappgun

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone out there have a redpower frame quarry design that i can use or something like that?

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone out there have a redpower frame quarry design that i can use or something like that?

Watch DW20's season 3 SMP videos he builds both a RP Quarry and a RP Tunnel Bore with pretty good designs so you could use those for inspiration.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
You can't get any simpler really than the tunnel bore, unless you plan to manually control it with buttons and smaller just build it to whatever size you like. I vaguely recall the absolute minimum for a Tunnel Bore is 2x1 or maybe 3x1 something like that.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I've attached shots of my Tunnel Bore, I've made some minor adjustments to it since, but this design does work.

The main changes are that it's now controlled by a wireless signal and I have a portal grid on the back so I can get to it no matter where it is. I also use a RC World Anchor, and you will need to put cover strips between it and the redstone wire. I also covered all components with a frame roof to stop any problems with gravel.

2013-01-13_18.38.24.png2013-01-13_18.38.31.png2013-01-13_18.38.35.png2013-01-13_18.38.58.png2013-01-13_18.39.01.png2013-01-13_18.39.12.png

samstar

Jul 29, 2019
I've attached shots of my Tunnel Bore, I've made some minor adjustments to it since, but this design does work.

The main changes are that it's now controlled by a wireless signal and I have a portal grid on the back so I can get to it no matter where it is. I also use a RC World Anchor, and you will need to put cover strips between it and the redstone wire. I also covered all components with a frame roof to stop any problems with gravel.

View attachment 1950View attachment 1951View attachment 1952View attachment 1953View attachment 1954View attachment 1955
I built one yesterday with reasonable success, but just was curious to know will it survive a trip through lava ?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I built one yesterday with reasonable success, but just was curious to know will it survive a trip through lava ?

Lava+water shouldn't cause too much of a problem, as long as the break/move cycle is faster than 1.5 seconds.
The redstone/caterpillar drive should have a flat layer of frames+covers above, so falling water/lava/gravel ect wont get stuck on it.​
(You'll be surprised about how many bores meet their end with gravel dropping into the drive/controls)​

samstar

Jul 29, 2019
Lava+water shouldn't cause too much of a problem, as long as the break/move cycle is faster than 1.5 seconds.
The redstone/caterpillar drive should have a flat layer of frames+covers above, so falling water/lava/gravel ect wont get stuck on it.​
(You'll be surprised about how many bores meet their end with gravel dropping into the drive/controls)​
Ah ok thanks, I know it survives through water and will need to encase the drive as gravel is causing a few problems

zappgun

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for the feedback! but sorry to ask but does anyone know any updated videos of a tunnel bore or quarry? like i'm not really good at building by seeing pics

sumguy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a quarry setup i've replicated a few times, 6-axis, relatively compact, open to variations. If still interested I could post pics?

Edit: duh, pics don't help you :p sorry didn't read that little bit. Skype? or i could try to make a stream/video for you? I haven't made videos ever, so might take a few days to figure it all out :p

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for the feedback! but sorry to ask but does anyone know any updated videos of a tunnel bore or quarry? like i'm not really good at building by seeing pics
see above reply about the direwolf20 smp vids. i doubt you'll find a more thorough explanation in video format that doesn't confuse you. He's kinda great at making his creations easy to understand. Most other vids are haphazard and confusing