Redpower Power Conversion

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
It just occurred to me there's no mod/addon that allows for RP Energy to be converted into EU/t or MJ.
Is it because it'd be too OP? Too awkward to make?

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
None currently exists. You can use a magma crucible to convert MJ into EU (lava in geothermals) to do a two step conversion.
Magma Crucible?
/looks for.

Damn where was I when all these fancy machines came out.
(Probably playing Tekkit)

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
Magma Crucible?
/looks for.

Damn where was I when all these fancy machines came out.
(Probably playing Tekkit)
Thermal Expansion: The best 'expansion' to Buildcraft ever made.

King Lemming is probably going to see this, so I'll say that you, my friend, are amazing and mods and do a great job on the polished feel your mod gives.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion: The best 'expansion' to Buildcraft ever made.

King Lemming is probably going to see this, so I'll say that you, my friend, are amazing and mods and do a great job on the polished feel your mod gives.
I don't know who King Lemming is so I'm going to assume he's the Expansion guy.

You're meh.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry about this.
BGRLf.jpg

There's not even any bandwagon Christmas hats! FTB I have failed you!

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019

Eloraam is notoriously stingy with code, and she has every right to be. After reading that thread, I laughed at that one guy's response:

Random Armchair Anarchist Idiot said:
Fuck Eloraam, Minecraft is free and stuff. You guys are Nazis.

Uh oh, was that Godwin's Law? I think so! This is FlowerChild levels of stupidness.

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
sure she has, but its sad that there is no conversion :(
i love her pipe systems, her maschines etc, but i love the IC2 energy even more, sadly i have to use two energy storages

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I remember in the Thaumcraft version Technic used when it was in 1.2.5 (Thaumcraft 2 i think?) there was a weird device that let you convert vis into BT power. It was fantastic. Once you got a 100% vis yield system going, you could power all sorts of RP things.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I remember in the Thaumcraft version Technic used when it was in 1.2.5 (Thaumcraft 2 i think?) there was a weird device that let you convert vis into BT power. It was fantastic. Once you got a 100% vis yield system going, you could power all sorts of RP things.
Yeah afaik the TC2 arcane generator was the only mod item that was allowed to produce RP2 BT and I vaguely recall reading that was because Eloraam liked TC2. It was awesome for powering frame contraptions where the standard solar\thermopiles were impractical.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah afaik the TC2 arcane generator was the only mod item that was allowed to produce RP2 BT and I vaguely recall reading that was because Eloraam liked TC2. It was awesome for powering frame contraptions where the standard solar\thermopiles were impractical.

Sounds about right. I loved that darn thing. I was really sad when I upgraded my Technic to 1.4.6 and lost it.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
At least Eloraam is a decent person, even if a lot of her refusal to allow cross-mod compatibility is based around her agenda. It could be somebody else, like GregoriusT, who's just a raging asshole, or Flowerchild, who's just getting desperate at this point.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'ed prefer the reverse, converting MJ (or fuel directly) to BT or EU to BT, or maybe RC steam, that'ed be cool too, but that's just me. it's mor fun creating crazy contraptions to power something, rather than plopping solar panels down. (the windmill is a little too big to be practical indoors)

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'ed prefer the reverse, converting MJ (or fuel directly) to BT or EU to BT, or maybe RC steam, that'ed be cool too, but that's just me. it's mor fun creating crazy contraptions to power something, rather than plopping solar panels down. (the windmill is a little too big to be practical indoors)

Well hopefully, we will see more cross mod stuff like this, it's what the new RP COMPAT module is for.