RedPower 2 - Q&A

Thonanth Sidef

Jul 29, 2019
Like the title says, this is a forum for asking questions (and getting answers) about RedPower, and I started it because I have a few questions of my own.

Please don't make this thread a debate about Eloraam and RedPower, that's not what this thread is about, start your own thread if you want to rant.

Here are my questions:
  • What do the different parts of the RedPower mod download do?
    • example - RedPower Core, RedPower Digital, RedPower Mechanical etc.
  • Which part of the mod download contains microblocks, and is there a config option to disable them?
  • Is there a way to remove RedPower microblocks, replace them with Immibis microblocks, and still have the functionality of things like the Diamond Drawplate?
I'm sure this thread will be useful to people starting out with RedPower, or people who would rather hide their IC2 cables and conduits in their walls, so ask questions :).

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I cover quite a bit of rp2 stuff in my beginner's guide and let's play videos; blulectric power (solar and wind turbine), liquid pump, a fair bit of logic control, battery transfer system (retrievers), making a frame drive hot air balloon etc.

I do also have some rp2 focussed tutorial type videos, mostly on my older humpcatting server playlist, consisting of;

simple quarry overflow cut-off system (rp2 logic)
tidy 1 button control for a rp2 frame door (rp2 logic)
frame lift (rp2 logic and frames)
6-directional frame drive (rp2 logic and frames)

Let me know if you want me to cover anything in particular :)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've got my very in-depth blutricty guide, though right now it only tells you how things work under the hood, and not how to use them. I'm holding out on when/if the next mod update for RP2 comes to give the guide its well-needed expansion, because it'll be a complete rewrite with double length, and I'm not gonna lie, that's a lot of text to present in an appealing and consistent fashion.

Regarding your third question, what keeps you from using both RP2 and Immibis Microblocks together?

Thonanth Sidef

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've got my very in-depth blutricty guide, though right now it only tells you how things work under the hood, and not how to use them. I'm holding out on when/if the next mod update for RP2 comes to give the guide its well-needed expansion, because it'll be a complete rewrite with double length, and I'm not gonna lie, that's a lot of text to present in an appealing and consistent fashion.

Thank you for mentioning your guide, I'm sure it will be useful for people with questions for blutricity, I'm going to post a poll to see if anyone wants me to make a spoiler in the first post with some of your's, Ako's, and any other good guides.

Regarding your third question, what keeps you from using both RP2 and Immibis Microblocks together?

Well, I would think that having RP2 microblocks and Immibis would be a little inefficient, but I don't know a lot about Java programming. Maybe they do play well together, I've seen pictures of them used in the same minecraft instance.[DOUBLEPOST=1368371086][/DOUBLEPOST]
I cover quite a bit of rp2 stuff in my beginner's guide and let's play videos; blulectric power (solar and wind turbine), liquid pump, a fair bit of logic control, battery transfer system (retrievers), making a frame drive hot air balloon etc.

I do also have some rp2 focussed tutorial type videos, mostly on my older humpcatting server playlist, consisting of;

simple quarry overflow cut-off system (rp2 logic)
tidy 1 button control for a rp2 frame door (rp2 logic)
frame lift (rp2 logic and frames)
6-directional frame drive (rp2 logic and frames)

That sounds cool! I want to put a poll for visitors if they want me to put some guides in the first post of this thread, and I would definitely be able to put some of yours!

Let me know if you want me to cover anything in particular :)

The people of the thread will let you know too :D . (As I have no current questions about RedPower 2)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Not really... it just adds extra blocks to the item list in NEI. There is no direct interaction between these two features at all, they're simply different approaches to the same end result. Even Buildcraft has its own covers (called Facades). ;)

Thonanth Sidef

Jul 29, 2019
Not really... it just adds extra blocks to the item list in NEI. There is no direct interaction between these two features at all, they're simply different approaches to the same end result. Even Buildcraft has its own covers (called Facades). ;)

Thanks alot! So I could keep RedPower 2 microblocks functionality and Immmibis for home decor, I just have to use different saws :).
(For anyone wondering this answers the question in Post #1 about microblocks)

Thonanth Sidef

Jul 29, 2019
I've done a teensy bit of research, and it turns out I can't add a poll to this thread, so I might make a new thread for the poll, and link it back to this thread, just a little update.

Thonanth Sidef

Jul 29, 2019
I've tested with the latest version of the FTB Ultimate pack and Immibis microblocks, and it works, but you have to download the Immibis core from the dropbox site and replace the core that's already in the pack. At least, that was my experience, and I hope I can help someone. My next problem is lag :p .