Red power tubes of cobble

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

huskies_62

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for help. The server I play on is not playable because of an issue with my red power. The back story is that I had a quarry with 3 diamond chests for storage. I have a processing facility that uses sorters and filter to put everything into storage. I normally shut off the storage facility and quarry when I am not on server. Unfortunately 2 days ago I left the sorting facility, when I logged back on the red power pipes are full of cobble. I have recyclers that are slowly working on some and however the real issue is some how it multiplied the amount of cobble. Like I said I originally 3 diamond chests, I have now placed 40 diamond chests on the pipes to absorb all the cobble in pipes and added void pipes to the chests to get rid of the cobble..... However the pipes are still very full of cobble. Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Never had that issue before.

But you could place a transposer that is ejecting into a lava sourceblock, then connect the tube to it. All the cobble should rush out through the transposer and delete itself in the lava. In order to avoid funky interaction with machines duping more cobble, break the pipe ends afterwards, and wait until the pipe itself is empty before replacing them.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Someone mentioned this one or two months ago, in his case it was the output of a SC tree farm. What you could maybe do: attach a filter set to cobble to the tube and put an incinerator (if you have tubestuff) or a lava block to the output side of the filter. Alternatively build a Deep Storage Unit from MFR if you have it and set it to only accept cobble, then attach that to the tube network. This should help to get rid of that cobble faster.
I think the problem was, that the machine which inputs into your tubes has an infinite invisible storage, maybe it also included a duping bug.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
I dont understand why people is keeping cobble from quarries. I void all cobble , dirt and gravel from quarries instantly, I dont even send it to my sorting system.

huskies_62

Jul 29, 2019
The filter to lava idea seems to be working.. Other than the fact I put 1 block to far away and got this....

As for why I keep cobble, I have it set up to keep a double wood chest and a gold chest worth of stock in case I want to building something, some gets turned into stone and some for stone wafers. The rest is supposed to get recycled.

Attachments

• filter.png
    filter.png
    665.8 KB · Views: 86

dirtybeatfreak

Jul 29, 2019
I dont understand why people is keeping cobble from quarries. I void all cobble , dirt and gravel from quarries instantly, I dont even send it to my sorting system.

exactly...I keep a bit of dirt and gravel but use TE machines for anything else I might need

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
But you could place a transposer that is ejecting into a lava sourceblock, then connect the tube to it. All the cobble should rush out through the transposer and delete itself in the lava.
why so barbaric? i dont know about other packs, but in ultimate there is a thing, called incinerator. it acts as a chest, so rp tubes can send items into it but it also acts as a void pipe, and destroys all items it accepts.

huskies_62

Jul 29, 2019
why so barbaric? i dont know about other packs, but in ultimate there is a thing, called incinerator. it acts as a chest, so rp tubes can send items into it but it also acts as a void pipe, and destroys all items it accepts.
Unfortunately I can't craft an incinerator... Slowly starting to see more block in tubes. still a crazy amount but getting there slowly.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because he doesn't play Ultimate. In fact he never stated anywhere what pack he was playing on. Which is precisely why I suggested the lava transposer.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because he doesn't play Ultimate. In fact he never stated anywhere what pack he was playing on. Which is precisely why I suggested the lava transposer.
my bad then. although in such scenario, i`d use a relay as a last storage in the line with lava near its output. because relay output a stack of items that goes into its inventory, and does not require a redstone signal

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
my bad then. although in such scenario, i`d use a relay as a last storage in the line with lava near its output. because relay output a stack of items that goes into its inventory, and does not require a redstone signal

Neither does an inline transposer. Items already in motion will flow through it like a valve by themselves, no matter their stack size. The only thing a transposer needs a redstone signal for is to pump a previously inert item out of an inventory ;)

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Neither does an inline transposer. Items already in motion will flow through it like a valve by themselves, no matter their stack size. The only thing a transposer needs a redstone signal for is to pump a previously inert item out of an inventory ;)
didnt encounter such transposer usage :confused:

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Then you missed one of the best things about redpower 2 tubes. You can also place filters or sorting machines inline, ot improve sorting. You can power them with redstone signals on demand to shut off or reopen the connection as needed. Retrievers of course always work inline, by their very nature.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
If you need a place to just store the cobble, DSU's are really nice. I use one to store all of the cobble from my quarry.

On top of being a giant sinkhole for any one item, you can move them without displacing any items. Filled up one? Throw it in a lava lake and start over.

Of course, DSUs are only available with MFR, which I do not know if you have or not on that server. If not... lots and lots of super barrels? Those can store up to a thousand stacks of any one item.