Red Power Logic

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
I am no good at restone and i have been setting up redpower 2 quarry but i don't know how or what redpower logic to use

I wish to move the mining head 93 block down and back up 93 blocks and then move the whole machine forward
Any help much appreciated and i do not want to use a redpower computer or computer craft.

arentol

Jul 29, 2019
I am far far from an expert, and there may be a better way, but I believe that one method is to use state cells and timers. The state cells and timers allow you to divide all aspects of the overall time of one operation (one operation being: 93 down, 93 up, move forward) into separate chunks that run one at a time. I have never done one as long or difficult as this, but I have done shorter simpler versions that worked fine.

You can see a simple example of this method in action in this video by Direwolf20 from Season 4 of his Lets Play series:

Basically you just need to expand on the concept displayed there and you should be good.

That being said.. Computercraft is still a lot simpler and more reliable. Also, you might want to look at the mining machine Direwolf20 makes in his Season 5 Lets Play. It is way simpler and faster than the kind of frame quarry you are building.

samthepowerstig

Jul 29, 2019
I am far far from an expert, and there may be a better way, but I believe that one method is to use state cells and timers. The state cells and timers allow you to divide all aspects of the overall time of one operation (one operation being: 93 down, 93 up, move forward) into separate chunks that run one at a time. I have never done one as long or difficult as this, but I have done shorter simpler versions that worked fine.

You can see a simple example of this method in action in this video by Direwolf20 from Season 4 of his Lets Play series:

Basically you just need to expand on the concept displayed there and you should be good.

That being said.. Computercraft is still a lot simpler and more reliable. Also, you might want to look at the mining machine Direwolf20 makes in his Season 5 Lets Play. It is way simpler and faster than the kind of frame quarry you are building.
thanks the video helped a lot as i am building it as we speak, i have seen the season 5 let's play but i just wanted to build a quarry like this because i think it looks better, however i may try a quarry with ic2 miners as well.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
This is how I personally would do it, dumped straight from my thinking. So apologies if it's convoluted, but that's how I think

I personally would use the counter, it will output a signal when empty, and when full. So if you set it to 93, you have a way of telling whether you're digging downwards or pulling the head up, and if you're moving forward or digging.

E.g. Toggle latch that is toggled by the empty to activate moving forward, then once the moving forward is done, pulse this back to toggle another latch to signal the digging downwards to begin. Counter will increment to 93 with each pulse downwards, toggle the second latch to pull the head up again making the counter decrement each time. When the counter reaches empty, make this pulse to the original toggle latch, and let the cycle begin again.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
So, people say that RedPower can be replaced by UgoCraft and MFR Rednet - I'll believe it when I see something similar to what DW20 built in that episode. Oh, and that episode reminded me how much I miss the old gravel.