[Recruit]Murder at Monocon Reborn!

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Medium: Once per game can ask a yes or no question to a random dead person. They don't know who, but they know what the person's alliance was. When killed, he can leave a 3-word message to the living.

Does the dead person have to answer correctly? E.G if I ask a dead person is Lethosos a wolf, (and the dead person is a wolf, so they know) can they lie?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does the dead person have to answer correctly? E.G if I ask a dead person is Lethosos a wolf, (and the dead person is a wolf, so they know) can they lie?
My interpretation is that they're definitely allowed to lie.

Pyure: Please ask the dead if Vikestep is a wolf.
Goreae: You've received an answer from the dead. A representative says "Vikestep is a wolf." I feel compelled to inform you that the representative was also a wolf.
Pyure: Well awesome.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Seeing as this village team is called chaps and I feel like making a fool out of myself... JOLLY GOOD SHOW! My good chaps and chapettes have informed me that this was bloody brilliant before! You can count me well and truly in!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The dead player is allowed to lie, but I think I'll change it to ask a specific dead person. So the medium can choose who and decide whether or not they're telling the truth based on the person's character and role. Because some of us are pretty mischievous. Plus, if you don't know who answered it, you can't really trust in the answer's accuracy. The entire role becomes wothless.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The dead player is allowed to lie, but I think I'll change it to ask a specific dead person. So the medium can choose who and decide whether or not they're telling the truth based on the person's character and role. Because some of us are pretty mischievous. Plus, if you don't know who answered it, you can't really trust in the answer's accuracy. The entire role becomes wothless.
i thought you mentioned that you'd tell us the alliance of the dead person. Could be wrong.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
i thought you mentioned that you'd tell us the alliance of the dead person. Could be wrong.
I did, but still that's RNG. If you landed on, say, me, then you're most likely getting the wrong info. Plus since it's single use if you land on the wrong guy then the power is just wasted. If you can choose, you can make a good decision on who to ask and use the power to its fullest.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I did, but still that's RNG. If you landed on, say, me, then you're most likely getting the wrong info. Plus since it's single use if you land on the wrong guy then the power is just wasted. If you can choose, you can make a good decision on who to ask and use the power to its fullest.
Yep fair enough. Also that's a bit closer to the standard medium role :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I posted everyone's name to the list in the OP. If you aren't there, say something and I'll fix it. For now though, I gotta dash. I'll start the game in a few hours wen I get back. Just not enough time atm.