Recommendations for Coop HQM Modpack

Mckma

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I are going to play some coop on a personal server and wanted to know what people might recommend for a good pack. Things/traits we are looking for:
  • Has HQM quest that go well with 2 players (i.e. not too easy or intended for large servers if such things exist)
  • Involves building as well as some exploration (Crash Landing and ME3/4, for example, had quests involved going to specific locations in the world as opposed to something more along the lines of Agrarian Skies or Regrowth, if I recall correctly)
  • Has a bunch of interesting mods to play with since we've been away from modded Minecraft for a while and would like to explore some interesting new things
  • Not as important, but doesn't have a ton of really grindy quests (like get a stack of octuple-compressed cobble)
I realize that there might not be THE pack that fulfills all of these, they are just some of the things we value so I was wondering how packs people have played stack up in terms of these.

Thanks in advance for any input!

rg808guy

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend Refuge mod pack, Obscurity mod pack, Blastoff mod pack, and Hello world mod pack All Of these mod packs are on the ftb launcher and curse launcher. For Hello world I would recommend to use the curse launcher and to spawn you and your friend a iron pick axe when playing hello world to get in to the lab.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
void world is fun, ee3 takes away much of the grind, buildings to explore.
Banished - has aura cascade, ee3 and magic mods, no tech
Atonement - no hqm but has achievements and good guidebooks, clockwork phase, thaumcraft,botania, flaxbeards, all set in a tainted world that you have to clean up. (Hubris has similar theme -has hqm)

Reactions: TXCrafter

Mckma

Jul 29, 2019
void world is fun, ee3 takes away much of the grind, buildings to explore.
Banished - has aura cascade, ee3 and magic mods, no tech
Atonement - no hqm but has achievements and good guidebooks, clockwork phase, thaumcraft,botania, flaxbeards, all set in a tainted world that you have to clean up. (Hubris has similar theme -has hqm)

Was fooling around with Banished a little. If you have played it, I have a couple questions. I noticed that Ars Magica spells unlock as quests, can you make custom spells as well or just the ones they give you? A bunch of things didn't seem to have EMC values, is there a way to add them in/address that easily? Lastly, did you have problems with it crashing frequently because of a GPU issue? I realize some of these are more specific questions that people may not have answers to, but on the off-chance they do, it would be great to hear thoughts (Google was not revealing much to me)....