Recipe Costs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that's fine, no rush, if you can't do it, I'll just do the math. It's not a big deal and I will not have the materials for something like that for a long time.

Also, do you have vanilla items working in it? Not like anything in it is very hard to craft, also, is this an in-game mod like the Gregtech ComputerCube, some type of add on to NEI, or an online thing like the Nuclear Reactor Planner?

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Long Term, I'd like to make it a mod so that it can be used in-game, but even if I get that far, I'd still like to make it an online thing. The reason why, is that if it's outside of the game, then you can use it to make a shopping list of items to see their cost, this would be useful so you can see the cost of building up a HP Steam Boiler of a certain size that is powered by biofuel. My current goal is to get it online, that is still a bit away as I need to get an offline version working with all of the mods, and then get it working as an applet. (Yeah, I'm writing it in Java).

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well there is one person (Omicron, I think) who has a chart in progress on steam boiler fuel cost and efficiency and stuff, maybe you guys could work together or something?
Online would probably be the best solution. I can see myself being too lazy to create an item, no matter how cheap, when I could just pop open a tab. Maybe the in-game version could have some added....benefits?

The online version says you need x buckets of biofuel to fuel a 36 HP boiler. The in-game version says you need x.x buttons of biofuel, used over y minutes, and how much steam, BC energy, and IC energy you can get with each bucket of biofuel through the boiler.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's not cheap

Code:
Requirements for 1 Galgadorian Drill

=== Raw Material Requirements ===
Blaze Rod                      -    1 stack and 49 extra (113)
Diamond                        -    3 stacks and 3 extra (195)
Ender Pearl                    -    2 stacks and 13 extra (45)
Ghast Tear                     -    1 stack and 26 extra (90)
Glowstone Dust                 -   45
Iron                           -    1 stack and 4 extra (68)
Mushroom                       -    1 stack and 26 extra (90)
Obsidian                       -    2 stacks and 28 extra (156)
Slime Ball                     -    2 stacks and 52 extra (180)
Spider Eye                     -    1 stack and 26 extra (90)
Sugar Canes                    -    1 stack and 26 extra (90)

=== Left Overs ===
Blaze Powder                   -    1
Iron Bars                      -    4
Lump of Galgador               -    1
Stabilized Metal               -    3

=== Intermediate Steps ===
Basic Drill                    -    1
Blaze Powder                   -    3 stacks and 34 extra (226)
Diamond Block                  -   17
Enhanced Galgadorian Metal     -    3
Eye of Ender                   -   45
Eye of Galgador                -   45
Fermented Spider Eye           -    1 stack and 26 extra (90)
Galgadorian Metal              -    2
Hardened Drill                 -    1
Hardened Mesh                  -   16
Iron Bars                      -    1 stack and 16 extra (80)
Large Lump of Galgador         -    3
Lump of Galgador               -   30
Magma Cream                    -    2 stacks and 52 extra (180)
Raw Hardener                   -    1 stack and 14 extra (78)
Refined Hardener               -    1 stack and 14 extra (78)
Reinforced Metal               -    3
Stabilized Metal               -   35
Sugar                          -    1 stack and 26 extra (90)

I think that the easiest thing in that list is the diamonds...

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Aside from diamonds and ghast tears (which are just an ass to harvest), everything else is either easily farmable or cheap (stack of iron cmon).

Can I get the cost of a Manager? (yes I know it's not such a complex build, but you have the program and I'm lazy :D)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Hahah, I have the ghast tears, thanks for this! 1 stack of diamonds down, two stacks to go! ....wow, I don't have nearly enough obsidian either!

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Aqueous Accumulator + Igneous Extruder + some kind of a lava pump will get you that in a matter of minutes.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'll just set up a magma crucible or something, but surprisingly, all these items are renewable except iron and glow stone. Bees and Ic2 crops don't count :p

Hmm, what materials are not infinite? That includes UU, extra bees, and crops...the egg? That might be all o.o

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Plentiful as they are, I do not think there is any closed loop method to create netherrack, soul sand, or end stone (and consequently their products, such as netherbrick). Nikolite is also limited, unless there is a bee I don't know about.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
No soul sand? Wow, there should be a recipe for that...sand and ghast tears, possibly? Or remove souls from a soul shard and smelt it with sand in a soul forge...no reversal process, that'd be cheap.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Giving 4/8/16/32/64 souldsand depending on the tier of the soul shard? man, that would be expensive, even if you get the empty sould shard back.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking 1 soul per sand, so 64, 128, 256, 512, and 1024. Even if it is expensive, soul sand is now renewable!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well...you know, when there's 1 stack of ores in a Macerator, and you end up with 2 stacks of dust, the maceration just stops when there's only one stack.

But I feel bad for hijacking Mr.Cevelo's thread, I'll make a new one :p

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'll just set up a magma crucible or something, but surprisingly, all these items are renewable except iron and glow stone. Bees and Ic2 crops don't count :p

Hmm, what materials are not infinite? That includes UU, extra bees, and crops...the egg? That might be all o.o
You do know that zombies (and iron golems if you make villages to spawn them) drop iron and witches drop glowstone and you can trade with villagers for it, too, so they are renewable in vanilla already?

There's another thread on the non-renewable stuff: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/non-renewable-items.11484/

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
*gasp*

I've been much too lazy to change my avatar...I have a picture too, I'm just too lazy!! D:
And I have no time right now, the 3 minute operation has no time, even though this post has taken me 3 minutes...