Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
This might also be suspicious:

• [23:35:05] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: FML has detected a mod that is using a package name based on 'net.minecraft.src' : net.minecraft.src.FMLRenderAccessLibrary. This is generally a severe programming error. There should be no mod code in the minecraft namespace. MOVE YOUR MOD! If you're in eclipse, select your source code and 'refactor' it into a new package. Go on. DO IT NOW!
  • [23:35:05] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: FML has detected a mod that is using a package name based on 'net.minecraft.src' : net.minecraft.src.Start. This is generally a severe programming error. There should be no mod code in the minecraft namespace. MOVE YOUR MOD! If you're in eclipse, select your source code and 'refactor' it into a new package. Go on. DO IT NOW!
I can't speak to whatever may be in the pastebin (I don't have time at the moment to read it), but those two "errors" are both completely normal. FML just isn't bothering to exempt bits of itself from the checks.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
And this.
c27a78495e.jpg

Using different frames for your machines changes the tier of the machine allowing more advanced upgrades.

Nifty.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
LOL they have the settings for the flux infused bow backwards. Uncharged is more powerfull than charged.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Darn, its for 1.7, It doesn't feel like enough mods have updated for 1.7 it seems to me atleast :( I'm waiting on the ftb team to make a 1.7 base pack type of thing to expand upon.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Darn, its for 1.7, It doesn't feel like enough mods have updated for 1.7 it seems to me atleast :( I'm waiting on the ftb team to make a 1.7 base pack type of thing to expand upon.
The only major mods that haven't updated are RoC and friends plus MFR.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
After testing Flux Armor, I have found it to be....quite good. It gives 100% damage protection against explosions and attacks, but not fall damage, wither, fire, etc.

Of course, it's expensive as all hell, with each piece costing 10+ diamonds.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I hope the NEI integration for TE4 will get worked on a bit more, it's a bit confusing if you look at it now XD
I was already wondering what the different machine frames were for, and now I know :)

I hope they'll also add an upgrade which will allow power to be shared through machines, so let's say you've a row of machines, you'd place a power transfer upgrade in all of them and you'd only need to power the first machine to power them all... or did I just didn't look good enough?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
to comment on the idea of a seperate topic and such... the thing is I want to have a solution that doesn't burden the forum staff at all, because modded minecraft news is a community project, not a ftb project, so it's not fair to burden people with things that they shouldn't be burdened with. the idea to add a blog function to the forum isn't something I'm thinking of, because you'd add a whole category to the forum, which is basically just for modded minecraft news. the idea of heavily moderating this topic isn't something I'm thinking of either, because it'd require the forum staff to constantly moderate this topic.

But they should be burdened with it. It's the job they agreed to when they agreed to be moderators. If they can't handle one active thread then they should resign and let someone willing to do so take over.
I mean do you really think this is the only thread that needs them to step in on occasion? No. I don't even think it's the most active thread.
We have good moderators. I'm pretty sure they have proven that they can handle anything we through at them.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Guess what isn't available in TE4 yet: REDSTONE CONDUITS.

Welp, guess we're using XU for now.
Dont you have to craft that semi expensive transfer node to use them? I'm probably confused.:( Then again I'm using Universal cable anyway.
After testing Flux Armor, I have found it to be....quite good. It gives 100% damage protection against explosions and attacks, but not fall damage, wither, fire, etc.

Of course, it's expensive as all hell, with each piece costing 10+ diamonds.
I've enjoyed RF powered armor for a while now. Its arguably cheaper than RSA but without lots of Ender pearls the upgrades are pricey.

The farms are cool too. I'll have to test whether EnderIO or MFR can handle the new vanilla trees though.

Last edited:
Reactions: trajing

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Dont you have to craft that semi expensive transfer node to use them? I'm probably confused.:( Then again I'm using Universal cable anyway.

I've enjoyed RF powered armor for a while now. Its arguably cheaper than RSA but without lots of Ender pearls the upgrades are pricey.

The farms are cool too. I'll have to test whether EnderIO or MFR can handle the new vanilla trees though.

What mod is this RF powered armour from?

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
What mod is this RF powered armour from?

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
I edited that out for some reason. Its from EnderIO. There's a lot of upgrades available including speed, built in gliding, and step assist. After upgrading you can still enchant the armor as well. It take durability even with RF charging but it's a great balance point. Its very well done IMO.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Sad news for all those like myself that love Botania.
Vazkii said:
I'm so incredibly tired of working on botania. It's really draining, not rewarding and a kick in the teeth everytime I look at the amount and quality of content in other mods like witchery, as that just defaults to "See all the potential botania had, it could have been as cool as that if you were more creative than an ouce of sand and actually put some effort into it." Meh.

Anyway, I still got some promises I made, so I'll take care of that and then wrapping off botania until further notice.

- via Vazkii's twitter.

Reactions: RealSketch